Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 Feb 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Got June use year - holiday was moved twice now and on hold waiting to see what they are going to do - been on hold for ages, lady said there had been an email about it and could I hold. Of course it's not just the points - got the flights to rearrange and a 2 day stay in Universal with BA that I needed to add on as I'd banked points and then could only use 50% of them. The points are being extended for another year. Taken about 30 mins so far. The lady has to fill in a special form.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

June use year for me as well, I’ll ring tomorrow and try and sort
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’ve emailed DVC about my upcoming June 2021 holiday and the points I may lose. I have a December use year.
They have told me that my points will be extended by a year and that my points I had already banked (213 points) would be extended until May 2022.
As a teacher who goes in June each year I will have to clarify the May 2022 points as I’m not sure if the points can be used for a June 2022 booking. But the email does say they are “making temporary updates to vacation point policies for international travelers”.
Glad I did the email as I’ve now got it in writing that my points will be extended.

Edited at 04:45 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
I have a March use year, I have

40 points that are currently 2020/2021 that are banked
150 points due in March2021/22
and 150 points carried forward from 22/23

all being used for a booking in August.

We are seriously considering cancelling this to go August 2022 instead, I understand that the 22/23 points would go back to that year and that the 21/22 points could then be banked. Is this correct?
Are we now also saying that I could have the 40 2020 points extended to March 23 or am I a year out do you think?
Or am I really mixed up with dates :-)
If I have it right your 40 points are actually 2019 banked for 20/21 use. If extended they would need to be used by May 22 so not able to be used for August 2022.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
June use year for me as well, I’ll ring tomorrow and try and sort
How did you get on?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
How did you get on?
Didn’t get a chance to ring, at home with a 4 and 2 year old trying to kill each other 🤣

I sent an email last night, I’ll wait 48 hours and try and call one evening if no response.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We have a December use year and had given my Son a chunk of Points for his 3 week May 2021 trip. We also had a 4 week May trip booked.Obviously both cancelled.

Spoke to a great Guy just now and he has Banked all the 2019 Points that were being used for these trips and allocated them to be used by end of November 2022.

That was 718 Points I had at risk.

In addition I had nearly 200 other Points that were vulnerable so he has rolled them to be used by end of May 2022.

I am well pleased with what they have done, all credit to them

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We have a December use year and had given my Son a chunk of Points for his 3 week May 2021 trip. We also had a 4 week May trip booked.Obviously both cancelled.

Spoke to a great Guy just now and he has Banked all the 2019 Points that were being used for these trips and allocated them to be used by end of November 2022.

That was 718 Points I had at risk.

In addition I had nearly 200 other Points that were vulnerable so he has rolled them to be used by end of May 2022.

I am well pleased with what they have done, all credit to them
Tom,

This is great news at I have 450 from December 2019, and I hope I can bank these if we can’t go (or decide not to).

I can then bank 2020 points too.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
Tom,

This is great news at I have 450 from December 2019, and I hope I can bank these if we can’t go (or decide not to).

I can then bank 2020 points too.
Helen. I was on the phone for nearly an hour and mentioned straight away our 3 cancelled 2020 holidays and the fact we are International. He was awesome and said they are accepting these issues as meriting consideration.

My main concern now is what to do with all the Points!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Helen. I was on the phone for nearly an hour and mentioned straight away our 3 cancelled 2020 holidays and the fact we are International. He was awesome and said they are accepting these issues as meriting consideration.

My main concern now is what to do with all the Points!
Well... for this year (as I had double points), we had 4 weeks in 2 beds booked with our friends (we combined points), so I guess we will have 2 years in 2 beds or maybe a few days in a grand villa?

They are in Ireland and are likely to be unable to travel

So it’s great to know they are accommodating.

I’d thought about renting my points but I’d honestly rather have bigger rooms.

Maybe you can go for a little bit longer, it’s not like you go often

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List