Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 24 Feb 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

best center parcs restaurants

Starting to let myself get excited about our summer center parcs week away. We were lucky enough to have managed a trip there in summer 2020 as well while restrictions had lifted.

We've eaten at cafe rouge, pancake house and bella italia at center parcs and always seem to stick to those 3 every time we go. Anyone recommend anywhere different?
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
Starting to let myself get excited about our summer center parcs week away. We were lucky enough to have managed a trip there in summer 2020 as well while restrictions had lifted.

We've eaten at cafe rouge, pancake house and bella italia at center parcs and always seem to stick to those 3 every time we go. Anyone recommend anywhere different?
Las Iguanas for us.. the Bahian coconut chicken for me, and dd says they do the best veggie meals too. But I also love the pancake house and the sports cafe (soup and a sandwich with a bowl of chips to share)
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

We really like Hucks and have been to the one in Woburn and Elvedon. I have the chilli usually and it’s really nice.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

We always go to hucks at whinfell, we always book, as we went once and could not get in, we booked take away pizzas, which when they came were burnt, we learnt our lesson the hard way. We had to cancel our jan trip, have a great time.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Pancake House, Hucks and Bella Italia for us at Whinfell. Did the Indian last time and wasn’t great and we have never had a good meal in the pub -although the Cavery at the pub is ok but they weren’t doing that due to COVID rules last year.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I thought most of the restaurants were pretty dire in CP Whinfell apart from the Pancake House, love it there! Sports bar wasn't too bad either.

Edited at 01:28 AM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the recommendations. I like the planning side of CP because it reminds me a bit of the disney planning and the wrist bands to access your lodge in Elveden!
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I like CP as it feels like a proper holiday without the travel... planning the eating out is one of my highlights too.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
I like CP as it feels like a proper holiday without the travel... planning the eating out is one of my highlights too.
I know alot of people who love disney holidays who also go to CP. I defintely think my love for disney is to do with tailoring my trip to make it as perfect as possible and I suppose CP is similar in that way and It does feel like a proper holiday doesn't it. I can't wait until the full on disney planning comes back!

What are everyone's favourite activities at CP? We love the tree top trekking and zip wire. DD2 is now 8 (DD 1 is 11) so she can do some different activities this time.
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 25 Feb 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We like Adventure golf, table-tennis and pool/snooker (all the ones that often don't need booking) as well as the indoor swimming pool stuff for our regular activities and the "kids" still like the big adventure playgrounds and sitting in the lodge watching the wildlife.

We see it as a way to try the different activities out to see if we would like them, so try something new each time. A few of the ones we have done have age restrictions though sometimes there is an alternative that under 10s can do.

One year I did the silk painting craft activity, was fantastic fun and have a wall hanging to show for it.
Archery was fun and laser clay shooting - they set us in teams against each other and that brought out a lot of competitive behaviour!.
Last time we went we tried the electric powered boats and went off across the lake on a sunny day - we will do that again.
We did a nature walk where the guy told us all about the best places to see the wildlife and all about the different fungus we came across - that was very early in the morning, so not sure if we'd do it again, but it was great at the time.
The best one ever was the birds of prey/falconry activity, a guy from a bird centre came and spoke to us for about an hour. It was stunning. We were introduced to some fantastic birds inside - we all got to hold them in turn, then we went outside and "flew" the birds making them go right past our ears in flight and coming to land on a glove. Loved it and have visited a centre since. I think your kids are too young for the full on session, but they do introductory ones for younger families too.

We did a treasure hunt type thing too, not realising it was over the whole hilly Longleat site! We were shattered and slept well that night. Will NOT be doing that again!

Last time at Longleat we did the Escape room... it was hard! We did not escape. But it was great fun.

Once we spent an hour or so just sat on the land-train on a quiet sunny day - saw the whole site and different activity centres.

So we have tried a few...