Notices

Old 2 Jun 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Bamburgh Bound - a Half Term mini break

Hello! After an unusual past 14 months with pretty much no travel outside our local area, I went wild and booked a couple of nights away at Bamburgh in Northumberland. We have never visited the area and are totally looking forward to the change of scenery.

So we are me, Michelle (organiser) Adam (husband who is desperate for an International Holiday) and Cooper (DS13) and Milo (1 yr old Cockapoo).

Our plans so far are 2 nights at The Sunningdale in Bamburgh. It is dog friendly and we get a fully cooked breakfast each morning which looks amazing.

Day 1
It’s a 3 hour journey, so we have preordered a picnic lunch in anticipation of our arrival at lunchtime from The Copper Kettle in Bamburgh. They are amazing and I have been in communication with them via Facebook for ordering and I’m looking forward to picking up our picnic lunch. 😁

I have prebooked tickets for Bamburgh castle for after lunch (it will be closed from the 4th for a week for filming), we are looking forward to this and it is also dog friendly.

Dinner is at The Lord Crewe Hotel, the menu looks great, it’s dog friendly and we can walk from our accommodation.

Day 2
We are going to have breakfast at the hotel, then head down to Bamburgh Beach. This is Milo’s first time at the beach which is super exciting and we are looking forward to walking for miles!

Lunch is at The Potted Lobster and I can’t wait! The menu looks amazing.

We have plans to drive to Holy Island at Lindisfarne in the afternoon. It looks like the tide times fit our schedule which is perfect.

Dinner is at The Apple Inn, again it is dog friendly and the menu looks so good.

Day 3
Breakfast in the hotel, I am so looking forward to not cooking for 3 days/nights! I am hoping we can make it back to the beach for the morning before heading home. I can’t wait! 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Yuzu and Brew York Lunch

So in order to ensure a smooth trip I thought a planning meeting was in order. I booked a table for lunch at Yuzu in York, it’s located inside Brew York (they make craft beers) and they have indoor and outdoor seating.

York was super busy, a combination of amazing weather and the half term break. We managed to pick up some new outdoor/walking shoes for myself and Cooper. I had worn mine out and Cooper has had a growth spurt and nothing he owns fits anymore. 😂😱 Milo decided he wanted to be in the shoe pic. 😁

At Yuzu, you are shown to your table (we sat upstairs in the beer hall) and there is a QR code that you scan to give you access to the Menu. You order your food and drinks online, make your payment and then wait for the dishes to arrive. It is super simple, however I am technologically challenged and we always end up with extra things (which I think Adam is secretly pleased about).

Our gigantic Bao Buns - Adam had the Bulgogi Beef, it’s delicious! Cooper and I had the Korean Chicken, this was good but spicy.
🌶

The chicken and vegetable Gyoza, again they were fab, lovely and light but super savoury.

Korean chicken Teriyaki style. These were ok but the teriyaki sauce make the crunchy outside crumb a bit soggy, it was our least favourite dish.

Duck Fries! These are the best thing on the menu IMHO. I could eat these all by myself, the sticky delicious duck and the perfectly cooked fries are the perfect combination and the portion is generous.

I had a glass of Pinot Grigio, Cooper had Sprite and Adam had a half of one of the craft ales (they have dozens of different ones) and he really enjoyed it.

It is lively, casual and has great food, a definite favourite for us when we pop to York. With lunch done, it was time to go home and pack, my least favourite job but yay for a change of scenery. 🥳
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
This looks great I love that part of the world
Old 3 Jun 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Have a fantastic time,I love Bamburgh beach.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

You will have a fabulous time and you can walk for miles. Even on the most busiest of days the beach still feels spacious.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
This looks great I love that part of the world
Thank you! We are so looking forward to it. 😁
Old 3 Jun 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Have a fantastic time,I love Bamburgh beach.
Thank you! 😁 the beach looks amazing, I can’t wait to have the sand between my toes. 🤩
Old 3 Jun 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stan1805 View Post
You will have a fabulous time and you can walk for miles. Even on the most busiest of days the beach still feels spacious.
Brilliant! All the pics I have seen look beautiful, I just can’t wait. Thank you! 😁