Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 3 Mar 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

An oldie but a goodie! - New York - Sep 2014 - Day 6

We started our day just like the days before with a bagel from a local deli, today's plan was to visit the 9/11 memorial.

I had booked tickets prior to coming and said to my fiance that we didn’t have to do it if she didn’t feel comfortable with it. She was ok with it and we knew it would be a somber morning.

We hopped on the metro at the Port Authority bus terminal and took the E line down to the World Trade Centre.

We checked into the memorial and took a walk around around the museum. It was a lovely tribute, extremely sad and horrible to see what the people of New York went thought back in 2001.

From the museum we took a walk around the pools dedicated to those that lost their lives.

It was soon approaching lunch time, and we had been in New York for a number of days and had yet to have a hot dog from a street vendor. We picked the cleanest looking one and paid a couple of dollars for our dogs covered with ketchup.

We then walked down to Brookfield Place ferry dock and caught a ferry up to West 39th Street Ferry Terminal. I do think the ferries are over looked as a method of transport in New York, sure they are not the fast option to get from A-B but you get some great views of the area and also from a different perspective. They are cheap and clean costing around $4 each way.

As we missed Macys the other day we took the short walk down and explored the vast store. It always blows me away how big this place is and the fact it takes up a city block is amazing. Surprisingly we don’t make any new purchases and head out the store taking Broadway to Times Square.

I have said earlier i just love the hustle and bustle of Times Square and could quite easily sit on the red steps all day watching the coming and goings.

From Times Square we headed to the Cake Boss Cafe located at the Port Authority Bus Station and pick up some more baked goods to eat back at the hotel where we relax for a while and let our feet recover.

So our final show was to see Wicked, and it truly was! The singing, staging and the whole show was just out of this world. Had we not seen Aladdin a couple of nights prior this would have been in the top spot, but comes a close second.

Feeling peckish as all we had for evening meal was snacks from the Cake Boss Cafe, we we head on over to Ellen's Star Dust Diner again, it is packed with I guess mostly theater goers. The singing is once again amazing as is the food.

We head back to the room and collapse into bed, ready for our final day in New York.

Day 7

Edited at 02:57 PM.
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List