Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Mar 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Union Square every time (well for over 20 stays over 30 years) perfect location and less touristy which suits me. Westin St Francis is my hotel of choice - I can walk to Fisherman Wharf then when it gets too touristy I can grab a Lyft back up the hill . For me is the real San Fran and my location of choice
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Union Square every time (well for over 20 stays over 30 years) perfect location and less touristy which suits me. Westin St Francis is my hotel of choice - I can walk to Fisherman Wharf then when it gets too touristy I can grab a Lyft back up the hill . For me is the real San Fran and my location of choice
Hi not for us , we have now stayed a few times at chestnut st, far side of park from FW . Lots of small bars ,cafes delis, and restaurants used by locals. Easy walk to Disney museum, waterfront and 10/15 min walk to FW(3/4 mins taxi.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Another Union Square vote. Horses for courses but just feels more like a city than a tourist trap, but really depends what you want. And to be honest if there was a good deal on a hotel in FW I'd happily stay there, it's easy enough to get around.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Union sq seems popular with some , we found the drugs and homeless a little disturbing
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Olympiad View Post
Another Union Square vote. Horses for courses but just feels more like a city than a tourist trap, but really depends what you want. And to be honest if there was a good deal on a hotel in FW I'd happily stay there, it's easy enough to get around.
It is and its the safest area (according to my ex employer who safety is a paramount ) - homeless is terribly sad, and, unfortunate getting much much worse everywhere in California . Certain area are worse eg the Tenderloin is the maybe one of the most effected, but Sand Diego it also more endemic that San Fran. However I haven’t had an issue with them and have only had cheery waves. Drugs (dope) is now legal as such throughout California and Vegas - apart form the smell which I dont like, it hasn’t bothered me, I haven’t seen evidence of anything harder and being a Londoner I am sure I would spot it - I feel San Fran is safe its just lost some if its charm it once had as the blue chip brigade move in and the artists and hippy elements are priced out - hotels have responded nd become quiet pricey at times (and don’t forget it has got a tiler chiller due t climate change - it can be freezing inAugust !)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We are going in November for our 3rd trip! Our first 2 times was in FW in the Sheraton now a Rui plaza, 2nd time in Zepher, both lovely hotels. We’ve decided to try union square for a change & we’ve picked the Triton as we got a fantastic price, much cheaper than the other 2 hotel that ive mentioned, just hope I don’t regret it now! You’ll love SF it really is my fave American city!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24

Edited at 07:28 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
We are going in November for our 3rd trip! Our first 2 times was in FW in the Sheraton now a Rui plaza, 2nd time in Zepher, both lovely hotels. We’ve decided to try union square for a change & we’ve picked the Triton as we got a fantastic price, much cheaper than the other 2 hotel that ive mentioned, just hope I don’t regret it now! You’ll love SF it really is my fave American city!
I have a friend who has stayed at the Triton and loved it (well he is going to stay there next time too and he is a fussy gentleman so it must be great ) - its on my list of possibles . I like the way you wan wander to Mackey and Cheescake factory and few mins walk to Chinatown (and trolley to Castro ) - it has some real San Fran charm about it
Old 16 Mar 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I have a friend who has stayed at the Triton and loved it (well he is going to stay there next time too and he is a fussy gentleman so it must be great ) - its on my list of possibles . I like the way you wan wander to Mackey and Cheescake factory and few mins walk to Chinatown (and trolley to Castro ) - it has some real San Fran charm about it
Definitely!
We never made it to the Cheesecake Factory on our times before because we were in FW so we’ll definitely be going this time! I also love the Castro & the Mission area some really cool cocktail bars there too! I wanna make it to Tommy’s Joynt this time, a real SF institution with proper home cooked food! 😋

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Definitely!
We never made it to the Cheesecake Factory on our times before because we were in FW so we’ll definitely be going this time! I also love the Castro & the Mission area some really cool cocktail bars there too! I wanna make it to Tommy’s Joynt this time, a real SF institution with proper home cooked food! 😋
There are a couple of bars I know in Castro with amazing roof top views - the Look Out for one and one Twin Peaks. The Look out terrace melts my heart as it is the bar I first went to years again and it is still fun but the views and people watching are legendary

My best friends and husband lived in San Fran for years (infact wrote many books there) so I use them as my bible of fact over fiction of where to go and stay and see - local knowledge really helps me decide.

You will have a wonderful time in the “fall”

Edited at 08:05 PM.
Old 16 Mar 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

There are a couple of bars I know in Castro with amazing roof top views - the Look Out for one and one Twin Peaks. The Look out terrace melts my heart as it is the bar I first went to years again and it is still fun but the views and people watching are legendary

My best friends and husband lived in San Fran for years (infact wrote many books there) so I use them as my bible of fact over fiction of where to go and stay and see - local knowledge really helps me decide.

You will have a wonderful time in the “fall”
Oh I’ll add those to my list thank you!
Oh I’d love to live there, my friend has just moved back to London after 10 years out there, think he’s regretting it now!
Looking forward if we get🤞🏻to a different season as the last 2 times went went in April.

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021