Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Mar 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

i booked a 15 seater minivan for 3weeks in sept through DFCH price £1056 gold package and i so glad i booked when i did as its now coming up at £3300
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Glad I found this thread. Had a full size car booked for April this year (now cancelled) cost £230.
After reading this thread thought I’d check for our rebooked stay in April 2022 same car class and duration £639.04!

Booked via Andy at DFCH who emailed after booking saying he could reduce the price via his offline Alamo booking system which is cracking service. Let’s hope the prices plummet over the next 12 months! 😊
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Spam The Man
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi all, yup i agree prices are Ridiculous for car rental right now, but keep looking, everyday if ya can.

I managed to get Alamo, Full Size Suv for 14 days inc fuel/drivers through DFCH on the 04/03/21 for £714.58 although this rental is for Las Vegas & for April 2022 the prices were very expensive.

Cost now £1620.42! So worth waiting & checking

Virgin do seem to be the cheapest, but the price i got with DFCH was about £30.00 cheaper than virgin & a tank of fuel to boot.
Spam The Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
Check ebookers as they had good prices for Budget but only on certain groups. You need to be a member to get the cheaper prices.
Was just about to say the same. Always use Ebookers and very easy to cancel online if a cheaper price becomes available.

Just booked a midsize SUV with Budget 9 nights 25th Oct- 3rd Nov '21 Miami airport = £248. (6% cashback on Topcashback available too.)

Their non member price was £536 so it's definitely worth registering to get the insider prices.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

I'm paying £815 for 3 weeks in August 2021.

Standard SUV from Alamo via DFCH. It was about £1.3k for ages then suddenly dropped so I took the plunge.

We wanted a 7 seater as usual but it is £2.5k - way out of our budget

Edited at 02:23 PM.
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I suggested on another thread it may be worth starting a car hire price thread. Prices for this year in particular are scary so I thought it might be good to have somewhere to post any glitches or good finds.

We go in September this year and the cheapest I’ve found is Virgin Atlantic. A standard SUV for 16 nights is £574. I’m considering booking to lock it in.

I have seen a deal with Hertz for a small Premium SUV but I think it’s too small for us.
I booked a few months back but with another usa forums site using a referral code
midsize 2 door silver inclusive return full 14 nights one additional driver,no extra to pay just arrive MCO walk straight to garage and go...£362

Alamo october 1st

Edited at 03:45 PM.
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Drino View Post
I booked a few months back but with another usa forums site using a referral code
midsize 2 door silver inclusive return full 14 nights one additional driver,no extra to pay just arrive MCO walk straight to garage and go...£362

Alamo october 1st
That sounds an excellent deal. Hopefully includes CDW with no excess and $1m SLI?

Mick
Old 5 Apr 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
That sounds an excellent deal. Hopefully includes CDW with no excess and $1m SLI?

Mick
Yes bud checked has all the above..have used the car booking company before no issues and full refund 2 days prior to booking if i need to.
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Thanks for the nudge again on logging in to Ebookers to get the decent prices with Budget. My dates have now come down.

My dates are 30/10/21-20/11/21 into/out of Miami. We need a 7 seater mini van. Cheapest has been Virgin at £980 for weeks now. Ebookers is £750. I need an additional (non spouse driver), which budget cap at $65 for the rental, so overall a £150 saving and a more normal price. An economy car was under £400 for 3 weeks!

Haven’t used Budget before but happy to have this booked for now.

Edited at 05:32 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Thanks for the nudge again on logging in to Ebookers to get the decent prices with Budget. My dates have now come down.

My dates are 30/10/21-20/11/21 into/out of Miami. We need a 7 seater mini van. Cheapest has been Virgin at £980 for weeks now. Ebookers is £750. I need an additional (non spouse driver), which budget cap at $65 for the rental, so overall a £150 saving and a more normal price. An economy car was under £400 for 3 weeks!

Haven’t used Budget before but happy to have this booked for now.
Hi Softy, if it helps, I've used Budget for years for our one day hires, if flying into MCO and driving to Bokeelia, motors are always canny, never had a bad one.

When we had to get home last April used Budget (via Quidco, 8% cash back) for drive to Mia, oddly a mid-sized motor was the cheapest. Upon arrival at the Budget depot they gave me a new Chrysler Pacifica, nice motor.