Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Apr 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I am really enjoying it, I appreciate it as a TV show and with that does come the slower pace and background things that you wouldn't have time for in a film. Also it's a bit of a throwback with waiting a week to see the next episode. I sometimes get a bit distracted if I try and binge all in the one go.

I always felt that DC did excellent TV shows and Marvel did excellent movies. Really struggled to fully buy into the Marvel TV shows but I love WandaVision and The Falcon, can't wait to see Loki next.

Side note, how good is Wyatt Russel? He is playing John Walker perfectly. He is not my Captain America!
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Really enjoying it, and the evolution to the next Cap. I just want to know what’s in the box - think I know but got to wait till next week.

I agree, Wyatt Russell has played John Walker brilliantly, you can’t help but hate him. Just feel sorry that he’s received loads of abuse on social media for the character - I don’t understand how people can’t separate a character from the actor 🤷
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

I actually think that John Walker has been a really interesting character, and I feel(only slightly) sorry for him). He was expected to fill the biggest shoes imaginable as an ordinary, albeit highly trained/skilled man, and so it's unsurprising that he failed. I felt like movie Captain America did a really good job of showing the quality of Steve Rogers, not simply as a goody-two-shoes. John Walker gave into temptation, after being rejected and ridiculed by Bucky and Falcon, and lost his best friend. His ruminations showed that he had been asked to do bed things in a good cause (as any soldier would have been, and then his final rejection and demotion by the apparatus that set him up clearly crushed him.

They made him much more than a cartoon villain.
Old 19 Apr 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Just seen episode 5 and I like it. I do think it would be better to binge watch rather than weekly to make it flow more. One thing though. Enough with the bloody shrimp boat!
I agree.

I get that the shrimp boat is a (poor) metaphor for the role of Captain America and that the legacy / work should be continued even though there are difficulties (and perhaps a feeling of "why bother?") along the way. But, man, it's a bit boring at times.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
I just want to know what’s in the box - think I know but got to wait till next week.
Not sure how much you want to be spoiled so...

It's a new costume with vibranium wings. Unfortunately, we've been spoiled by a toy that was released a couple of weeks ago showing Sam in a new Captain America + Falcon costume with the shield

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Nice to see the Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine appear and, based on what I've read about the upcoming Black Widow movie, it seems like she might be going around recruiting her own team of "heroes", much like Nick Fury did with the Avengers. So we might get the Thunderbolts / Dark Avengers sometime in the future.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 19 Apr 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Cannot wait for the black widow movie, love her character. Seems like we have been waiting ages for it!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Cannot wait for the black widow movie, love her character. Seems like we have been waiting ages for it!
Yeah, sadly, the release date had been moved back again to July. Although that does mean that cinemas should be well and truly open by then. It's also close to my birthday and my daughter and I can go and see it together (she likes the MCU).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 20 Apr 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
[QUOTE=Nimbus;14928794]Not sure how much you want to be spoiled so...

That’s what we thought it might be
Old 23 Apr 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

Last episode was great wish there was more