Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm trying to stay positive that our 20th sep trip will still go ahead. Its still 4 months away and hopefully they'll have sorted air travel out a bit more by then, alot of vaccinations can happen in 4 months so keeping everything crossed 🤞🤞✈🌞
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

I'm going with the 'not thinking about it' approach unless I need to.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Pongo32
First POST

Originally Posted by Loopyloo View Post
We are due to fly 23rd September for last years cancelled Ryder Cup, then on to San Antonio, with a week in AMI, am feeling positive, but keeping everything crossed.
Fingers crossed for you we are due out on September 25th for 2 glorious weeks on AMI🙏🤞🙏🤞
Pongo32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

I’m still trying to be positive but part of my is worrying 🙈

I’m due to travel from glasgow to manchester to orlando on the 4th september 🤞🏻

I so desperately want to go and get excited when i see updates like distancing reduced , temp checks removed , boo to you party announced... but that green list was poor!

It sure has sucked all the fun out of holiday prep 😭

The day they get announced as green i’m gonna drag my case out the cupboard and start packing... and probably crying

Edited at 09:13 AM.
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

To be honest I wasn't expecting the usa to be on the green list YET however just a mention of the usa would have done wonders for my hopes of getting there on September the 13th. I go between being positive it will happen to feeling there's no chance. As others have said alot can happen in 4 months so I will still plan as though I'm going and keep everything crossed. Right now I'm not feeling positive but hoping that will change.
Old 8 May 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Just think how far we've come in the 4 months since January. That's all I'm concentrating in atm and hoping we'll have a lot more vaccinated in the next 4 to enable more countries on that green list x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Top Cat
Dancing with Tink'

I am positive come on everyone we have to be.

We are flying 6th Sept away for a month doing a road trip and a week in Florida. We have put so much planning into this if its green or amber and Biden let's us it bring it on.

If not well at least we have it all planned we plan for the same time next year.

Oh and I am taking anything mentioned on news channels or by so called travel experts with a pinch of salt.

Onwards and upwards everyone. :gr umpy:

Edited at 09:53 AM.
Top Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I’m still in full on planning. Mode I expected us to be amber , the next few weeks , we will go green and Biden visiting in June , will open up the border for us to get into the USA .
May have to jig my plans for Disney if the mask mandate is still in, but by hook or by crook I’ll get some sort of holiday in September

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

We are flying 6th Sept away for a month doing a road trip and a week in Florida. We have put so much planning into this if its green or amber and Biden let's us it bring it on.

If not well at least we have it all planned we plan for the same time next year.

Oh and I am taking anything mentioned on news channels or by so called travel experts with a pinch of salt.

Well exactly! We need to stay positive!

Incidentally, we are doing similar to you but only 3 weeks in total. We have 1 week in Orlando, and 2 weeks road trip round the Keys and Gulf Coast.

Like you, if it doesn't go ahead we'll just move it on as we have been doing after each cancellation.
Plus a few months ago we also booked 2 weeks in December as a back up.

Worst (best?!?) case scenario we will have 2 Florida holidays 3 months apart!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

Absolutely love your positivity, I go on the same day as you 6th September... A lot can change in 4 months, lets keep the hope alive and spread the positivity.. we will be on that plane off to our Happy Place in September
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List