Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 1 Apr 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Christmas 2009 we as a family of four stayed at OKW, BLT, CR and BCV. It was our first time staying owning DVC points with DS1. His favourite Resort was OKW and always has been since.
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
If you weren’t already staying at the BC I’d say BWV but as the location is essentially the same I’d think about if you want easy access to eating out as you’ll have been spoiled with easy access to the BW and Epcot for dinner so I’d maybe look at properties with easy access to DS ...or go to the other extreme and think about OKW for a quieter vibe and the most space. Ringing the changes a bit.
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
This is the reason it was my No4 too I own at BWV and love it but after a week at BCV i gave priority to the MK resorts for a change of location.
My rationale also but I know the Epcot resorts are their first choice having never stayed at any and being wowed by the location.

I think we need to step away from doing it as a surprise and have a conversation with them, no point surprising someone with something they don't really want.

We're all so laid back, they're all about fitting in with us, whereas we're very easy going with WDW holidays and want it to be all about what they want!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
BLT theme park view 2 bed for 2nd week.
I only making one choice. BLT!

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 2 Apr 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

GFR for BLT I personally would go for a lake view
Old 2 Apr 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you all.

I’ve sent them a video link to each option, will see what they decide

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
CCV cabin - last 4 nights, all about the cabin and the hot tub.

If I had the points. I would love to do this. They look amazing.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
CCV cabin - last 4 nights, all about the cabin and the hot tub.

If I had the points. I would love to do this. They look amazing.
DH and I are staying in one for a few nights in October (fingers crossed) to use up our 2020 points whilst enjoying a bit of luxury, I've always balked at the points costs of them, but as we have some spare, thought why not spoil ourselves. I'm really looking forward to staying in one.

Did toy with the Poly bungalows as I'd love to try them also, but we preferred the overall look of the cabins from watching You Tube videos.

Old 6 Apr 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

And the chosen resort is...

Grand Floridian (1st choice) or CC Cabin!

Fingers crossed for availability at 7 months now, although I'm tempted to snag the cabin incase we can't get GF at 7 months.

I know these aren't normal times, but does anyone have any experience of getting 2 bed LVs at GF at that time of year, I feel that it shouldn't be challenging, but also feel there's no normal experience at the moment!

Old 6 Apr 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
And the chosen resort is...

Grand Floridian (1st choice) or CC Cabin!

Fingers crossed for availability at 7 months now, although I'm tempted to snag the cabin incase we can't get GF at 7 months.

I know these aren't normal times, but does anyone have any experience of getting 2 bed LVs at GF at that time of year, I feel that it shouldn't be challenging, but also feel there's no normal experience at the moment!
2 beds seem to be as popular as studios, especially if they are lock-offs. I’ve managed to get 2 beds at OKW and BCV at 7 months and BLT at 11 months.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
2 beds seem to be as popular as studios, especially if they are lock-offs. I’ve managed to get 2 beds at OKW and BCV at 7 months and BLT at 11 months.
Thanks Caron, I've only ever looked for 1 beds before so have no idea about 2 bed availability, I know there are usually LV 1 beds but not SV, all I can do is wait and see now

Old 6 Apr 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
With our WBTA 2021 just cancelled a couple days ago I've resorted (pardon the pun) to grabbing 2 weeks with our DVC ...same time last week in September and 1st week in October 21... quite shocked at how little choice there was for 1 bedroom for the 1st week in October... just 1,2,3 nights at various resorts apart from SSR and OKW which had 7 nights... so brought it forward a week so last 2 weeks in September ... managed to grab (all 1 bedroom) SSR Preferred 7 nights..followed by 4 nights Boulder Ridge (which we have yet to stay at) followed by 3 nights BWV garden/Pool view...would have preferred 2 x 7 night stays buy hey ho fingers crossed we get to go

luckily had 2020 points banked and used 2021 points so quite happy I'm sorted but looks like lots of DVC people have lots of points to use next 12 months ...

Edited at 09:37 PM.
kevbrydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List