Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Apr 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
Do you think they'd add 2 days on to the UK 14 day ticket? We have a spare day at one end! (Not sure which yet)
Originally Posted by salmim View Post
That's just we are after YT as we are tagging on 6 days at OKW In Aug.
BUT we havent been able to get through we must have had a dozen 45 min waits after which we have given up never known anything like it. Used chat but direct call only. Driving us mad!

Bummer Noodlez, have a shopping day!

Salmim- It’s ridiculous. Not surprised given how long it took him to sell me a ticket.

Ring dead on 2 is my suggestion, and I’ve found Sunday’s can be best. I gave up yesterday but was determined today so left it on speakphone whilst I got on with matters. It cut me off today as well first time 20 mins in.

Edited at 07:45 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So quick question about "this Blue Card" I'm guessing you are asking about DVC membership card... I have just the one DVC contract bought re-sale 2011 and do have the blue membership card... I know over the years they slowly took away perks for us re-sale owners lol... anywhere to look for dates and what was removed last 10 years... i think if my memory serves me just after we bought they stopped you booking a cruise with DCL using points (which is a bad use for your points anyway)..

Only ever spoke to a DVC salesman once at Downtown Disney who said we were classed as Orphans as no sales advisor was allocated to us lol

Edited at 10:00 PM.
kevbrydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Bummer Noodlez, have a shopping day!
Shopping is my idea of a necessary evil! I'll buy some groceries and anything we desperately need, but that's about it when on holiday. A cocktail day, however ...
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
... Next when he starts dealing and asks for my membership number, he says “Please hold I’ve got to check something”.

After 5 mins he comes back- you only have a small amount of direct points, most are resale, I was checking if you were eligible!

I said of course I am, I have a blue card.

You’d think they’d know their own rules.

Second class resale citizens
To be fair with only 25 points direct he had to check when you purchased them as the rules have changed a lot, I believe the minimum purchase is now 125 so you did well to buy them when you did.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by kevbrydon View Post
So quick question about "this Blue Card" I'm guessing you are asking about DVC membership card... I have just the one DVC contract bought re-sale 2011 and do have the blue membership card... I know over the years they slowly took away perks for us re-sale owners lol... anywhere to look for dates and what was removed last 10 years... i think if my memory serves me just after we bought they stopped you booking a cruise with DCL using points (which is a bad use for your points anyway)..

Only ever spoke to a DVC salesman once at Downtown Disney who said we were classed as Orphans as no sales advisor was allocated to us lol
As long as you bought before the 2011 restrictions then you will never have to worry about restrictions. They are always brought in for new purchases only. Existing purchases retain the rights at time of purchase.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Yes if you don’t want park hopping and memory maker - I thought I may as well save £400 over a UK ticket, that’s 4 meals out for us at least. You can add park hopping on but for my 6 night ticket it took it near the UK ticket. We won’t have water parks either but that’s fine as we wouldn’t have time to go to one and prefer Volcano Bay which will be covered on our Universal stay.
Are the tickets you bought include water parks, only need need 4 days for the parks but could use the 2 free days for water parks.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
Are the tickets you bought include water parks, only need need 4 days for the parks but could use the 2 free days for water parks.
Not sure to be honest I didn’t try to book a water park.
Old 10 Apr 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Still undecided on our tickets, having watched a couple of recent park vlogs, if I was going now I wouldn't buy, AK & HS look horrendous! Seriously considering buying a couple of single days to do MK & Ep but will see how things change over the summer. We have "frozen" UAP & you can get the SW/BG/AQ ticket for the price of a 1 day Disney ticket so there are options.
Just need to wait & see what's happening with this testing carry on!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Anyone managed to get around the default settings, without using a VPN ? I contacted WDTC Uk to ask why this was an issue & they helpfully suggested that I change to Europe when I then pointed out that tickets were more expensive in Euros than $ their only suggestion is to call but warned that it might be a US number! (not free)plus minimum ticket is 2 days & current plans may be individual days so that we are not restricted on "use by/valid from "
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List