Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 8 Apr 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Best things to do non disney

We go this September (trip number 9)but don't plan on doing any parks except DC, aquatica and legoland. We want to do some beaches (done Anna Marie and honeymood Island in the past) and state parks along with our usual boardwalk evening and celebration visit etc.

Any suggestions for no disney fun with 6 kids much appreciated xx
staceyb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Posted on a similar thread, but I would say the kids will love this... (If you do it as a package via Debbies Villas it's not overly expensive either if I remember correctly. A full day and you get fed too so nothing to worry about. I'm sure Debbie Villas will be able to give you current prices)

I would certainly recommend a trip to Crystal Rivers so swim with the Manatees. A once in a lifetime experience and is amazing to do, we went with this company who were fantastic: americanprodiving/manateesnorkeltours.php

Also whilst you are up there try Homosassa Springs state park: floridastateparks/pa...ife-state-park

Both well worth a visit.

We booked a tour that took us to both locations and provided transport up there. There are various pick up locations around Kissimmee and the 192 where you'll be driven via minibus (with snacks and drinks) to the Manatee tour, a diner for lunch then to the State park afterwards, then back to your chosen pick up location. We booked this through Debbies Villas and it was utterly brilliant.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The car show in the old town
Florida wild life drive
Tubbing at Kelly Springs
Lake Louisa state park you can take your own bbq stuff with you
Mini golf look for money off coupons or offers
Look for offers for any of the fun spots like the one at old town
Tree top trek
Go carting
Of course call depending on the ages but search about for coupons for everything
De Leon Springs state park and make your own pancakes at the old sugar mill ours loved that when younger

Edited at 11:10 AM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
pix70
Proud to wear my Ears

Have you thought about a rodeo? Can't wait to take my kids as they will now be old enough to do the calf ribbon chase
pix70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Monster truck safari at World of Citrus on the 27. Quite often have deals on Groupon for this.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Do you like sports? It's a trip but baseball will still be on then & nfl preseason games, though being superbowl champions I'm guessing prices & availability will have changed!

We've done baseball, nfl & basketball & really enjoyed them all! I'm a fan but DW isn't however she's till loved the experience.
Baseball is cheap as well. Think we only paid $15 per ticket & $10 parking. It is a good drive out but its a fun day
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Horse riding at the Lazy H ranch (all levels catered for).

Rainbow River at Dunellon.

Fort de Soto at St Petes.

Sharks tooth hunting in the sand at Casperson Beach, Venice.

The Native American Indian presentation at Boggy Creek (after an airboat ride).. you can eat some Alligator there also).

The Valiant Air Command Museum at Titusville (whilst visiting KSC)

A visit to Daytona Speedway and the town area.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List