Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Apr 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
What happens when contracts expire?

Hi. We’ve been considering DVC for a couple of years, but the timing isn’t right at the moment. However, we really like OKW, and unless we buy direct, the expiration is 2042 (unless an extended contract becomes available resale). Really silly question, but what happens in 2042 - does the contract just end?
Old 9 Apr 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to say but the contract just ends, best to look at resorts who's contacts/deeds expire 2054 and beyond such as SSR or AKV who's price per point is only slightly more than some of the OKW contracts.

But with five other DVC resorts deeds expiring in 2042 who know's what will happen, they just might offer more extensions like the OKW 2057 contracts?

Good luck.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

There is a website with the most economical purchases for reslae and I am pretty sure it is between SSR and POLY. This is what we used when we bought our SSR contract last year.
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by JaguarSkills View Post
There is a website with the most economical purchases for reslae and I am pretty sure it is between SSR and POLY. This is what we used when we bought our SSR contract last year.
SSR is the other option we are looking at. We stayed in a 1 bed at OKW in 2019 and loved the space - having the separate sofa chair was brilliant with the kids.
Old 9 Apr 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
Hi. We’ve been considering DVC for a couple of years, but the timing isn’t right at the moment. However, we really like OKW, and unless we buy direct, the expiration is 2042 (unless an extended contract becomes available resale). Really silly question, but what happens in 2042 - does the contract just end?
Now and again an extended OKW comes up resale- move quickly if you see one. Sign up to the resale agent emails.
Old 9 Apr 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

I asked the same question a few years ago and a member from here told me:
when your membership ends you just go sit in a corner and cry
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
I asked the same question a few years ago and a member from here told me:
when your membership ends you just go sit in a corner and cry
I will be 81 when my OKW contract ends
Old 9 Apr 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
SSR is the other option we are looking at. We stayed in a 1 bed at OKW in 2019 and loved the space - having the separate sofa chair was brilliant with the kids.
We bought last year. Got 180 points at SSR for $87 pp with a handful of 2019 points which we managed to rent out, 122 2020 points and full allocation of 2021 points.

Just search around there are some bargains to be had. That was our first one as well
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JaguarSkills View Post
We bought last year. Got 180 points at SSR for $87 pp with a handful of 2019 points which we managed to rent out, 122 2020 points and full allocation of 2021 points.

Just search around there are some bargains to be had. That was our first one as well
Prices are shooting up at the mo you got a bargain but that opportunity has now gone to get that sort of deal.
Old 10 Apr 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The OKW extension was a disaster, not sure why but I'd expect it was at the wrong price point but whatever the reason it appears to have put them off that plan. Going forward they will have to eventually address those 2042's or demolish them as no contracts=no dues= no upkeep! Personally I would only consider a '42 for the right price, most owners(according to data)only keep their contracts for 15 years but the Epcot resorts still "pull" a high premium which is enough for me to rule them out.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List