Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Apr 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
babynugget
slightly serious Dibber

Another vote for Aquatica
Old 16 Apr 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Volcano Bay streets ahead for us (2 adults 45+ no kids), don't mind Aquatica if we have a spare half day. Can't remember the last time we went to either Disney water park. Admittedly were not typical Disney visitors and kids tend to prefer the water parks over others.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
All the water parks have the flotation water vest things for kids to use who aren't confident in the water. Also, there are large ones too for adults if you have any who aren't strong swimmers.

The lazy river at Discovery Cove is great, but there are parts that are very deep. You wont be able to touch the bottom so it's good to be prepared for that and take some of the noodles and stay near the less confident swimmers.

My kids absolutely loved the little kids play areas at Blizzard Beach, DS was so sad when he realised he was too tall for it.

Our favourite Disney water park is Typhoon Lagoon. I've never been dunked on any of their slides. They have lots of rubber rings and boat slides as well as the family raft ride. They are all brilliant fun, but really no fear of falling out or going under the water at the end of the slide.

Others have mentioned Aquatica which is the SeaWorld water park. We loved it but my kids were older and liked the thrills. The lazy river is amazing there.

Volcano Bay is awesome too. This is the Universal water park. So if you're not going to Universal then I would skip this one.

My recommendation would be Typhoon Lagoon as it is such good fun. A shame you can't snorkel with the sharks anymore as that attraction has now gone. I won't ever forget us all doing this and realising 2m in that DS aged 9 had not felt brave and stayed on the ledge...DD who was only 7 was way ahead and I had to coax her big brother down. It all worked out fine in the end. The rides at TL are great the family raft ride is fun and the lazy river is great.

Are you staying at a resort or villa? If you're at a resort there will be splash pools with kids play areas that are fun and in a similar vein to the ski patrol at BB.
We are at a hotel next to Old Town that has a small pool.

I was gutted too when I found out it had gone, I loved it!

Such a tough decision when you've only got time for 1 water park. I think i've definitely ruled out Volcano Bay for another couple of years when my 8 year old will be a lot older.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

I miss wet'n'wild
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by andyhaz View Post
I miss wet'n'wild
Me too, I do however think my back still bears the scars from the floor of the wave pool
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

Mine too and the kamikaze lol
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
We are at a hotel next to Old Town that has a small pool.

I was gutted too when I found out it had gone, I loved it!

Such a tough decision when you've only got time for 1 water park. I think i've definitely ruled out Volcano Bay for another couple of years when my 8 year old will be a lot older.
For your situation then I would go with BB. They will love the ski patrol.

I hope you have a lovely holiday x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Out of the Disney water parks I prefer Typhoon Lagoon. My overall favourite is Volcano Bay it's just so much better! We don't bother with the Disney water parks now as they feel a bit dated and some of the slides can be painful haha
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

When we used to take my kids before they became adults, (oh blimey that makes me feel old!), our favourite was Blizzard Beach because of the theming. But now it's just DH and me, we prefer Typhoon Lagoon, as he loves the wave pool and I love pottering about in the shallow end while he has fun!

A few years ago we were at Typhoon with my family, (mum, dad, sister), and my mum and I were sitting on a low wall off to one side with our legs in the water up to our knees. It was lovely, really relaxing, and we were having a lovely chat. The wave machine started up, but we were well away from it so were quite happy. Until the wash from the waves suddenly whooshed a ton of water towards us, which swept underneath us and smacked into the wall, shooting several millions (!) of gallons of water behind then up and over us! Mum and I could hardly breathe for laughing, we looked like a pair of drowned rats! That is one of my favourite memories of my late mum - she was always very proud of her perfect hairstyle, not that day though!
Old 19 Apr 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
We don't bother with the Disney water parks now as they feel a bit dated and some of the slides can be painful haha
I remember my ex-husband having to extract his swim shorts with a pair of tweezers after a ride on Summit Plummet once ...