Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jun 22, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fly drive with TUI

Hi i have been looking at fly drives with TUI can anyone tell me what extra insurance you need to buy whenyou book with them. The Fly drives are coming up at good prices but I feel we might get stung on insurance extras so I keep holding off. We can then book the hotel at a different time.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

What insurance extras are they offering? Normally flydrive packages come with top up insurance packaged with other things so for example Virgin used to offer basic insurance (worthless) for free then the insurance package on its own or with added free car seat, tank of fuel and maybe extra driver. I always found the highest package made more sense as often the difference was the same or less than a tank of fuel. BA are all fully insured and the only extras are car seats and or fuel.

You want CDW and SLI with $1 million coverage I think. Others can confirm.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Welshjim22 View Post
What insurance extras are they offering? Normally flydrive packages come with top up insurance packaged with other things so for example Virgin used to offer basic insurance (worthless) for free then the insurance package on its own or with added free car seat, tank of fuel and maybe extra driver. I always found the highest package made more sense as often the difference was the same or less than a tank of fuel. BA are all fully insured and the only extras are car seats and or fuel.

You want CDW and SLI with $1 million coverage I think. Others can confirm.
Not a lot to add really. Just that CDW should also be with no excess.

A few years ago Tui (and Virgin) were atrocious in only including the state minimum SLI of $25k - injure someone in an accident that was your fault = hello bankruptcy. Virgin have now improved I understand. It used to be that you could toss the free Tui car and hire separately cheaper than Tui wanted as a top up, Not so extreme these days I believe but you should ask Tui for a top up quote.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't top up over there. The agents are all on commission and have absolutely no incentive to offer you a good deal.

Mick
Old 20 Jun 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
They just tell you it can be bought locally which makes me wary, I would like to know what happens at the desk when you get there, if it likely to be hundreds of pounds.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debsym62 View Post
They just tell you it can be bought locally which makes me wary, I would like to know what happens at the desk when you get there, if it likely to be hundreds of pounds.
Hi I asked the same question last week and no one could give me an idea of cost, do I went I store and all they could say was that it would depend on size if car so could be possibly £300 upwards snd would be calculated st the rental desk or alternatively we could get our own insurance as long as it covered everything that it should , too many uncertainties for me so just booked flight only and booked car hire through BA xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Hi I asked the same question last week and no one could give me an idea of cost, do I went I store and all they could say was that it would depend on size if car so could be possibly £300 upwards snd would be calculated st the rental desk or alternatively we could get our own insurance as long as it covered everything that it should , too many uncertainties for me so just booked flight only and booked car hire through BA xxx
Thanks Mexico that is exactly what worries me but as the fly drive price including car hire is very good if you get it at the right time. We are lucky enough to be able to go last minute and live near Doncaster Airport so if they would just be more open about the insurance it would make things so much simpler wouldn't it? I think I also asked the same question before and didn't get much response it must not be a thing people do very often. We have booked with Kenwood in the past and that is always fully inclusive of what you need which is really helpful.
Old 21 Jun 22, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Tui does offer the requisite Insurance and will quote you a price to buy it before you travel.

People on this Forum have done just that in recent Months. That's why I always say to check as sometimes the prices can be quite competitive, albeit other times they are nuts.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
my son upgraded to SUV and gold cover last month direct with TUI , normally we dont take TUI's car on arrival and go with say DFCH or alamo direct as cheaper but it wasn't this time

gemma-lou on here has also done it

Edited at 09:31 AM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List