Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 2 May 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Thank you for the explanation. I suppose if they hadn't pulled it we would not be discussing it here now, which has to be a good thing. I just felt sorry for people with no means to see the last episode.
Obviously I don’t speak for everyone it’s just the way I saw it.
I see what you are saying too,though.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Ok genuine question because I really dont understand how pulling the last episode of a series (and the situation was known about before they screened episode 4) helps these women? I'm certainly not dismissive of them but I cannot understand why an announcement could not be made each side of the show.
I'm prepared to listen and I'm certainly open to persuasion but so far I am genuinely at a loss. Also note I am in no way defending his actions.
I understand what you mean. He’s already been paid for making the show so pulling it will have no effect on him, it’s a shame for the other actors in the show not being able to have their families etc watching it. I’m not defending him at all either but pulling one show when he’s been on TV for many years won’t really do anything.

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracydcp View Post
I understand what you mean. He’s already been paid for making the show so pulling it will have no effect on him, it’s a shame for the other actors in the show not being able to have their families etc watching it. I’m not defending him at all either but pulling one show when he’s been on TV for many years won’t really do anything.
In all honesty most families of actors aren’t that invested and often don’t even watch. It’s just Mum or Dad’s job ... so not that interesting .
So much filming was cancelled with Covid that most actors are just pleased a project was completed so they got fully paid.
I disagree that pulling the show will have no impact on him , the publicity it has created has made him unemployable.

Edited at 12:24 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I disagree that pulling the show will have no impact on him , the publicity it has created has made him unemployable.
It will be Noel Clarke's behaviour that impacts Noel Clarke.
Not broadcasting the fifth episode of a five part drama series makes zero difference either way.
Unless the publicity of the show being pulled is more significant than his behaviour.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
How can people have access to the Dibb but not ITV hub?
Old 2 May 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Don't you need a smart TV? As far as I know I only have ITV hub on one of our TVs and I use my phone for dibb. Mind you I don't even have a lap top anymore after someone broke his own, took over mine and broke that! Its ok tho he has a new one. 😬
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Some ITV viewers have no access to the internet but do have access to their neighbours, friends, and relatives.
I have just been to my Aunt Maude to rejiggle her Sky Planner.
I had to delete all her scheduled programmes and series links, and put them back on again after Viewpoint was top of her list.
Had to make space first, as she had about sixty episodes of Coach Trip on there.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

There's an increasing trend for putting down people who don't agree on every detail as if they don't agree at all.

Even, sometimes, though not on this thread, to the point of demonising people with differing view points. That's popular on social media, generally, these days and creates whole new problems.

I'd be surprised if everyone on here doesn't agree that the reports of his behaviour are disgusting and a light should be shone and an investigation started. I know I do. We just see the bigger picture differently and don't necessarily agree with every step taken in response.

There are different perspectives. Total agreement isn't the only 'right' one.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Maybe some of us are just old and a little senile. Perhaps not tv addicts that have to watch entertainment outside normal means. Yes that’s me then. Watch very little tv, but can catch up if needs be. Guess what ... just loaded it on the iPad, surprising what you learn when you need to
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
There's an increasing trend for putting down people who don't agree on every detail as if they don't agree at all.

Even, sometimes, though not on this thread, to the point of demonising people with differing view points. That's popular on social media, generally, these days and creates whole new problems.

I'd be surprised if everyone on here doesn't agree that the reports of his behaviour are disgusting and a light should be shone and an investigation started. I know I do. We just see the bigger picture differently and don't necessarily agree with every step taken in response.

There are different perspectives. Total agreement isn't the only 'right' one.
I think a lot of us are quite good at seeing other people's point of view, it's interesting that you can completely agree on one thread and disagree on another. Not sure if that's what you mean too.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List