Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 May 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
We are going for the 3 night on the 27th. I really wanted the 4 night but its £1000 more for us and I can't justify that cost. Telling myself that extra £1000 could go towards getting us on the Wish
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
I'm another one going on the 27th! I've been on a few cruises but it's my first Disney one. It will just be me and my husband.
See you all aboard.
Is anyone staying at the Holiday Inn the night before?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
27/08 for us. First time cruisers😊
Originally Posted by zokaluse View Post
Yes, we’re on 27th August for 3 nights.
Will be our second Disney Cruise.
DH not a fan & he’s only doing this as a birthday present for me.
DD & I loved it. Me, DH & DD (12) are going. DS (20) didn’t want to come, as he also didn’t enjoy our first one.
We live in Surrey so it’s about an hour to 90 minutes, traffic dependant.
Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
We are going for the 3 night on the 27th. I really wanted the 4 night but its £1000 more for us and I can't justify that cost. Telling myself that extra £1000 could go towards getting us on the Wish
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
I'm another one going on the 27th! I've been on a few cruises but it's my first Disney one. It will just be me and my husband.
Hello all of you on the 27th!

Edited at 09:51 AM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Hello all of you on the 27th!
Hello to you too! Do we need our own thread for the bank holiday Brits.
Noodlez is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
stevejc
Earning My Ears

Anyone any ideas how to spend the day before in the general Southampton area with a 6-year old? New Forest perhaps? Any tips would be appreciated.
stevejc is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stevejc View Post
Anyone any ideas how to spend the day before in the general Southampton area with a 6-year old? New Forest perhaps? Any tips would be appreciated.
Paultons park is a really nice theme park for younger children.
paultonspark/
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
I’m on the two nighter on the 18/8, really wanted to do a 3 nighter but too pricey so had to do 2! Can’t wait! Never been with DCL before, love NCL, Royal Caribbean and Marella so want to compare.
We are on this one too, we wanted a 3 nighter ideally but it was too much so we went for 2 nights as a short but (hopefully sweet) Disney hit!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
deano1212
slightly serious Dibber

deano1212's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
See you there, you`re going to have a great time🙌
deano1212 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We are on the 20 Aug one.
So are we
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post
Oh exciting for you all in August. I am exciting too as booked for 27th July at Liverpool.

Can I ask question about travelling from Scotland to Southampton? We booked Anthem of the Seas next year May 2022 and we don't want flying and decide to take the Train. My daughter said can book train to Wolverhampton then another train to Southampton?

Do anyone have experience for travelling to Southampton by train from Scotland?

I thought we take the train to King Cross then another train to Southampton but I think it is long hour to do that?
If there’s a way to avoid London I would. I believe you need to change stations which is a trek with all your luggage.
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HiddenMickey35 View Post
Oh exciting for you all in August. I am exciting too as booked for 27th July at Liverpool.

Can I ask question about travelling from Scotland to Southampton? We booked Anthem of the Seas next year May 2022 and we don't want flying and decide to take the Train. My daughter said can book train to Wolverhampton then another train to Southampton?

Do anyone have experience for travelling to Southampton by train from Scotland?

I thought we take the train to King Cross then another train to Southampton but I think it is long hour to do that?
You will need to take the tube from KC to Waterloo, I think the Northern line connects these without transfer but it is a faff. Can you see if you can travel via Birmingham and change trains there? this would be easier than having to do train-tube-train. Alternatively you could see about cheap flights? there is a train station right at southampton airport and it is one stop (on a larger train not the local ones) from there to the city and that is 5-10 minute taxi ride to the port.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List