Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 May 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DUNXandWILL View Post
Thank you so much and sorry to hear you had a heart attack hope you are keeping well now!

Dunx
Yep, tootling along fine now. My gallstones are "stable" right now... just knackered knees and a chipped tooth...

Would echo the "keep on at them" message. And find and avoid your triggers.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Re hard / soft water. Don’t know how accurate in the fine detail the map on this link is, but it might give you a broad indication.

divapor/water-hardness.php
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I really feel for you as I know exactly how you feel
I had no idea I had gallstones in 2002 when we went to Tenerife on holiday.
After a couple of days I was getting a bit of pain and after a week I was being sick at night on day 10 I was admitted to hospital with acute pancreatitis which was when I found out I had gallstones.
I was in intensive care for almost a week with a tube into my stomach and 2 days after leaving intensive care they operated and removed my gallbladder.
I was stuck in Tenerife for an extra 2 weeks and the medication they gave me after the op made me so sick that I was off work for another month after I got home.

I would do as someone else suggested and every time you have an attack go to A&E and they might just get you sorted out sooner rather than later.
Once I’d recovered I was fine and I’ve had no issues at all since
Old 2 May 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

So sorry for you - the pain is unbearable isn’t it?

My little sister struggled badly for about a year and ended up in A&E once. She had surgery and has been absolutely fine since, so I hope it’s the same for you

She found certain foods just became complete no go’s and lived off chicken breast and boiled potato for months.
Old 2 May 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

Best thing I did was have mine removed. Zero issues since. The pain is awful and it got to the stage that no matter what I ate it would trigger an attack. Particular foods that were an absolute no were cheese and part-baked bread/garlic bread type goods. Just prior to the op I was only eating vegetables but even then I would suffer and there did not seem to be a specific trigger. I waited about 12 weeks for the op, I hope they sort you out soon.
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Absolutely it’s so bad Isn’t it, hot bath and a cold drink combo helped mine 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼
Ooooh I have not came across this combo on my google journey into gallstone attacks but will try it in the future (on knees praying there is no future attack )

I'm also assuming by cold drink you mean water and not a wine spritzer

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DUNXandWILL View Post
Thank you for replying, I'm so sorry your mum had to go through so much I do hope she's much better now!

I fear that the NHS are going to be similar with me - they said take painkillers (fairly difficult when your abdomen is on fire and you think you're going to throw up!) But i'll keep at them and see what happens

Dunx
Thanks mum is totally better and was immediately after the operation. Her description of the pain is totally as you say and 4 months after it started she was only just on the start of the waiting list which is what pushed us to look at privately I am not saying it wasn’t expensive but still far cheaper than we expected. Sitting here on her birthday today you would never know how I’ll she was 18 months ago
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Re hard / soft water. Don’t know how accurate in the fine detail the map on this link is, but it might give you a broad indication.

divapor/water-hardness.php
Seemingly i'm in a 'Soft to Moderately Soft area' so I have that going for me!?! ?

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Oh I don’t envy you. I’ve been through this and the doctor was basically useless. I was given all sorts of painkillers but nothing was helping. I was told it could take up to 2 months on the waiting list and I was in agony. I don’t think would have survived that long as I honestly have never felt pain like it. I had already had flare ups for several months.

In the end after a week of not eating anything but a few slices of dry toast and sitting up in a chair to try and sleep at night as i had so much back pain with it also I phoned the doctor in tears (never done that in my life before). The doctor said I would just have to wait for the operation and he would prescribe stronger painkillers but not to take them often!

To cut a long story short the doctor reluctantly made an appointment for me at A &E that afternoon. Once I got there they took a blood test and I don’t know what it showed but I was kept in and was on the emergency list. By this time I had started throwing up even drinking water.

Compared to the pain I had been in the operation itself was a piece of cake and I didn’t need any painkillers afterwards. I felt normal almost immediately.

I hope you get sorted soon and in hindsight I should have gone straight to A&E myself earlier rather than listen to the doctor. Don’t be fobbed off like I was.

Edited at 04:38 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ccjames
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Had mine out about 18 months ago and had key hole surgery. I felt quite tender around the entry wounds afterwards (felt like I had been kicked by a mule). Was given co-codamol for pain relief. I was lucky enough to have private health insurance. I was told I would have to wait ages to have the surgery via NHS. I just couldn’t go on with the pain and sickness and was so relieved to get it done. I can eat anything now and no side effects from the surgery
ccjames is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List