Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 May 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

New ‘Pointsgate’ brewing

I haven’t read it all but there seems to be more concern of points allegedly being added to the total points charts.

This apparently stems from the 2022 charts where, again, overall points went up, and members have been complaining and now they may be revised down again.

Show on DVC show about it now. Talking about changes to points charts. Pete Werner is questioning how Terri Schultz is still in a job!? Bit harsh but he doesn’t mince his words.

Just a heads up if anyone wants to take a look.

Edited at 08:05 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I haven’t read it all but there seems to be more concern of points allegedly being added to the total points charts.

This apparently stems from the 2022 charts where, again, overall points went up, and members have been complaining and now they may be revised down again.

Show on DVC show about it now. Talking about changes to points charts. Pete Werner is questioning how Terri Schultz is still in a job!? Bit harsh but he doesn’t mince his words.

Just a heads up if anyone wants to take a look.
I find this astonishing, are they that incompetent or do they think their members are that stupid?

I admit I don’t even look at the point charts other than to see how my current plans are effected, but they know from experience that others check!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

At some stage there be a class action if this carry's on- and the only real winners then will be the lawyers.

DVC seem to think that next year it will all be fine- we see!
Old 3 May 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Just watched the Dis Unplugged video. While i'm glad there are more astute members looking out for such things, I think sometimes that guy over-eggs the pudding a bit? Almost quite threatening?

I'm sure we'll have more clarification on this in due course.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I think its a question of transparency and that should never really be a concern with Disney as they sell DVC as 'not like another timeshare' and they are supposed to have your interesst at heart.

Terry Whats her chops has shown that she does not care nor respect at all her members and that's a big issue. I expect more from Disney.
Old 4 May 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I think its a question of transparency and that should never really be a concern with Disney as they sell DVC as 'not like another timeshare' and they are supposed to have your interesst at heart.

Terry Whats her chops has shown that she does not care nor respect at all her members and that's a big issue. I expect more from Disney.
Also they were taking rooms for the 50th Anniversary from inventory before the 11 month window so members didn't even have a chance to book.

Worse thing is they blamed it on a glitch even though it carried on happening.

Even though there may be a clause stating that they can do it. Its just not good optics especially treating the members like fools and try to pull the wool over our eyes.
meanwoodwhite is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Pete Werner is known to over egg things but the principle remains that one of the big selling points that "they" push is that points never change, DVD take this too mean "well never change until we need them too!" They "sell" this as points readjustment for the benefit of members but for instance our usual Sept booking has gone up & it does us no good to know that 1 week at the beginning of Feb has gone lower but we've to somehow believe its a good thing.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. Good find, well done. I have just watched the Video. I like that Doc Guy. A mature voice of knowledge and reason.

I have said it before and I will keep saying it. The individual members of Staff we speak to are great. However I wouldn't trust DVC Management as far as I could throw them.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Just watched the Dis Unplugged video. While i'm glad there are more astute members looking out for such things, I think sometimes that guy over-eggs the pudding a bit? Almost quite threatening?

I'm sure we'll have more clarification on this in due course.
I’ve been following this for a while, all of the legwork has been done by members...it’s interesting to me that Pete is suddenly paying attention now that they appear to have got somewhere...
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
I’ve been following this for a while, all of the legwork has been done by members...it’s interesting to me that Pete is suddenly paying attention now that they appear to have got somewhere...
I haven’t followed it this time at all- what’s happened in a nutshell? Same as last time with lock off premium or something else? I saw it was said they keep making 1 beds more expensive totally against booking patterns?