Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 May 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

How are we all feeling about our impending trips?

As per title, how are those of you with West coast trips coming up feeling about your chances of going?
Do you still want to go?
We reached double digits the other day and we still really want to go but I’m feeling dubious today that it’ll go ahead.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
tweety-pie
Imagineer

tweety-pie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were supposed to be going this Saturday. We knew at Christmas that we wouldn’t be. BA advised me to ‘hold my nerve’ and wait and see if the flight was cancelled, in order to get a refund - we waited till last week but it still wasn’t cancelled so we took vouchers instead. We are going to go the same three weeks next year, but can’t book our flights till August.
Old 5 May 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We really want to go lol. I've been jabbed and dh 2nd one soon, its only our ds21 to be done. I keep changing the route and swapping hotels. All I've kept so far is landing in San Francisco and ending in San Diego. It was going to be just California but all changed again! Wish it would hurry up so I don't keep changing it lol. If it gets cancelled then I will delay until next year. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We should fly on 13th October and we still want to go and are hoping it will happen.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
We really want to go lol. I've been jabbed and dh 2nd one soon, its only our ds21 to be done. I keep changing the route and swapping hotels. All I've kept so far is landing in San Francisco and ending in San Diego. It was going to be just California but all changed again! Wish it would hurry up so I don't keep changing it lol. If it gets cancelled then I will delay until next year. 😊
I haven’t had any of mine yet 😭 I’m hoping it’s soon but that’s one of the things that’s bothering me.
Dh has had his first and due his second in June as he has high blood pressure but I’m 39 and no health issues my kids aren’t eligible so no jab for them any time soon! 😬
We have booked all our hotels and they’re refundable or no deposit so that’s something but the fact there’s nothing coming out of the US to give us a clue about travel from U.K. is really irksome!
We will have to hit this trip on the head if it’s cancelled as have Florida booked for my 40th next year. 1st world problems eh? 🤣
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

We are due to fly to LA on 3rd October, both had both doses of vaccine. Not due to pay anything till mid August onwards, quite optimtic we will go, just waiting to see what happens with Disneyland, can make reservations from 3rd July, so hopefully will know if we can fly by then!
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m still cautiously optimistic .
We fly 1st September to Orlando and after a few non park Florida days visiting friends fly to Arizona and then leave from Vegas. I toyed with DL but felt it was too soon for theme parks for me.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hawki View Post
We are due to fly to LA on 3rd October, both had both doses of vaccine. Not due to pay anything till mid August onwards, quite optimtic we will go, just waiting to see what happens with Disneyland, can make reservations from 3rd July, so hopefully will know if we can fly by then!
Yes I’m waiting to see what happens with DL as we have 5 days in the area at the start of our trip before heading to Vegas.
After Universal Hollywood’s bombshell it’s not looking likely for us as our children won’t have had a vaccine.
Old 5 May 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dagzie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I've got two trips planned currently. Meant to be flying to Vegas on 8 June for a week, postponed from last May and family trip to Florida/California on 10 August for 17 nights.

I'm normally a very optimistic person, but the silence regarding the US opening up has me feeling less and less likely to get to Vegas in June. I'm pretty confident about August though, husband and I will be fully vaccinated by beginning of June so we just need to clarify the situation with regard to our two sons, 15 and 17. Happy to test as required - the boys are used to testing two/three times a week currently so part of their routine now.

Fingers crossed...
Dagzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dagzie View Post
I've got two trips planned currently. Meant to be flying to Vegas on 8 June for a week, postponed from last May and family trip to Florida/California on 10 August for 17 nights.

I'm normally a very optimistic person, but the silence regarding the US opening up has me feeling less and less likely to get to Vegas in June. I'm pretty confident about August though, husband and I will be fully vaccinated by beginning of June so we just need to clarify the situation with regard to our two sons, 15 and 17. Happy to test as required - the boys are used to testing two/three times a week currently so part of their routine now.

Fingers crossed...
We fly to LA on the 11th august.
Some days I feel positive then others I don’t, it’s exhausting!
Fingers crossed indeed.