Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 May 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile TUI - questions...help!

We have a two week AI holiday booked for July this year with TUI. We are not going to be able to go (not even had first jab, work have made it clear they don’t want us to travel and will not accept if we have to quarantine etc.) so we are going to move it (FOC). We want to move it to Florida next year. We have been to Florida 3 times with tui but it seems things have changed since our last trip in 2018.

1. We can’t fly from East Midlands anymore - this is a shame as this is 20 minutes from us and so convenient. Other choices of airports are extremely expensive so Gatwick is our best bet but is a 2.5hr drive away which sucks
2. They have moved from SFB to Melbourne airport, further away from SFB at about an hour and a half transfer!
3. Care hire is no longer included in all bookings, it looks like only on villa bookings now. We have never not had a car but I’m reading that UBERS are really easy to use and cost effective.
3. Is there a change in Disney tickets? Can you not just decide to go to a park anymore? This is my biggest worry because tickets for Disney and Universal will set us back £3600 which is a lot to pay if we potentially can’t get any days in a park!
4. We originally were happy to book Rosen inn, we like being close to restaurants and shops and we’ve stayed before and know what we’re getting with it. We only want a base as we spend little time there but I’ve noticed the blue tree resort is coming up at the same price and we can have a 2 bed apartment for this instead of one room. As we’re a family of 5 this will be much better for us but I’m not sure of what the location is like.

Such big changes and I feel like a newbie again!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have moved to July 2022 and I am not going to stress about Melbourne , its a longer drive but not horrendous

Car hire is always cheaper doing it yourself so you could do that , Andy over on the car hire section is so helpful

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
We have moved to July 2022 and I am not going to stress about Melbourne , its a longer drive but not horrendous

Car hire is always cheaper doing it yourself so you could do that , Andy over on the car hire section is so helpful
Yes I guess it is what it is. We are tied to Tui so not much choice really anyway! Thanks I’ll check out the car hire section. I’m swaying towards not having a car though!
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

I thought TUI were still flying from Birmingham if that is closer ? also re car hire it is cheaper to book separately through someone like Andy at DiscountFloridaCarhire
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

My TUI flight from Birmingham says it lands at Sanford.
Where does it say about Melbourne please?
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wizzyanne View Post
TUI are moving out of Sanford at the end of this year.
They will be flying into Melbourne from next year.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Wizzyanne View Post
TUI are moving to Melbourne next year.

We are flying from Birmingham (also 20 minutes away from East Midlands) so we figure we have a short drive this side but a longer one on the other side. Shorter drive home from the airport as well when we are tired and jet lagged.

I have read on here that the cost of Ubers is about the same as car hire but personally we wouldn't want to have to wait for a car to go everywhere, and if we fancied just popping to Target or something it is easier to just jump in the car.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
I thought TUI were still flying from Birmingham if that is closer ? also re car hire it is cheaper to book separately through someone like Andy at DiscountFloridaCarhire
Yes Birmingham is closer but we need Saturday flights which I believe they don’t do from Birmingham. I’m not allowed more than 10 consecutive days off at work so we have to fly on a Saturday unfortunately.
Old 6 May 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have a look at Manchester, we’re 20 mins from BHX but normally divert to Manchester as TUI are the only airline that fly from BHX to Florida.
We may use BA from Heathrow next time though depending on price
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have booked for next year with tui after we had to move a canaries trip at Xmas. We are also 20 mins from EMA but also only 40 mins from BHX so we booked that but then the flight schedule changed (funnily enough we were meant to fly on the Saturday!) and we had to either change dates or move to MAN which we did but we don’t mind about the airport drive as we have always flown from london for long haul holidays. Car hire was offered but the insurance made it more expensive than booking elsewhere so we declined the car and booked through DFCH.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List