Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Sep 16, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Cool 3rd Visit 1 word WOOHOO! July 30th 2016 Day 3 Animal Kingdom & Magic Kingdom

3rd Visit 1 word WOOHOO! CBR/RPR July/August 2016 INDEX

Day 3 30/07/2016 Animal Kingdom:

We wake up around 6.30ish, I get up and make my coffee and sit up in bed with it whilst Ste does the drinks run for him and Reece (eeh I am loving it lol) then when we are all sun lotioned and ready we head out for the bus to Animal Kingdom for EMH, we get there & through bag check, Reece getting picked for an extra check this time (this is a regular occurrence all holiday, totally understandable but feels like we are being singled out all the time!)
We get the usual pics in front of the AK sign.

We head straight onto Kilimanjaro and thoroughly enjoy this as usual, but it does start to aggravate my back pain a bit! We even saw a baby rhino awwww

We also get a pic with Pascal

When we come off this we are feeling hungry so its round to Creature Comforts where we all have sausage & egg muffins and I have a strawberry smoothie (which become a habit of mine this holiday delish!) After we have eaten, we head over to the Lion King Show, as we are in the queue, we get chatting to a couple and they are watching football on FB whilst waiting, so DH & DS enjoy chatting to them, even in bloody Disney I can’t escape it!
We sit in the giraffe section yet again think we will always be giraffes lol, I love Lion King, I still get a tear in my eye, especially with Can You Feel The Love, with the birds, this is still my favourite part
Look who we bumped into near the Tree Of Life

We head out of this and straight over to It’s Tough To Be A Bug, another must do for us and of course the obligatory glasses pic

Aww there was a little one in and screamed when the bugs ran under him/her bless them I still don’t like that bit myself!
We come out of this & we head straight round to Kali River Rapids for our first FP.
Reece in his wisdom put his bag on the floor (why did they get rid of the centre part where you could store them?) and it got drenched, luckily I had given him a sealed bag to put his phone etc in! He also got the wettest out of all of us & walking behind him when we got off was soo funny as all you could see was his bag dripping behind him haha!
Wet and cooled down we stop for a snack and get the frozen orangeade, but we didn’t think to pick up spoons so end up eating it with the lid oops! It was lovely though
After we have had a sit down with this it’s time to head over for our Expedition Everest FP, another ride we all love, though the backward part felt longer than usual and again my back was sore after going on this!

We still have a FP for Kilamanjaro safaris but as we have been on it this morning and my back was a bit sore & we do have a night time FP booked for later in the holiday, we decide to cancel it, I notice that it is 2ish and we have plenty of time to get to MK for the parade, so we (I) decide we will jump on a bus to MK, getting a FP for Jungle Cruise whilst we are going there (so even though we hadn’t used our 3rd FP at AK & cancelled it we could get one for MK!)
We get there and as we step off the bus guess what it starts raining BOOOO!
We head up to the station where the lads sit down & I stand and watch the parade, what a fab place to watch it from, as most of the floats/characters are up high you get a great view of them all

Oh and the weather has cleared up, my first parade not in the rain
By the time it has finished, we realise we will miss the Jungle Cruise FP so decide to head back to CBR, we do our first wash, which when we get to Jamaica laundry there are no coin operated machines, so I go over to GS who inform me that Jamaica is the only village that hasn’t got coin operated machines but they don’t have the pre-loaded cards to buy either!
Well before we drag our washing over to Aruba we decide to try our Revolut card in Jamaica and guess what it works yay
After we put everything in the dryer we head over to OPR for tea, I have the beef with mash and broccoli which was lovely I have forgotten to take my sachets of mustard with me but they do have *spicy mustard* which is more like French mustard so not too bad After we have all eaten, Reece goes and gets his trunks on and goes in the main pool & me & Ste go and get the washing, dryer has slightly shrunk some of his t-shirts oops, (didn't think I would have something to leave in the thrift/charity shop bag so soon!) lower setting next time! Then I go and get my tankini on and go over to the main pool I spot Reece and he immediately disappears from view (not cool to be seen with Mum) I then go into the hot tub, this is lovely and suddenly he appears & as there is no-one else there he graces me with his company haha! I head back, wandering over to Martinique beach on the way to see if I can spot Epcot & they are just roasting marshmallows, so I have to have a go of course Then it’s back to the room, shower, wine, write up todays antics (can’t see the fireworks tonight, odd!) and then bed.

Tomorrow, up to RPR & Universal.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to reading your comments

Edited at 08:01 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mousse
Imagineer

Lovely photos and a very busy day

First Trip '06;Lapland Christmas '07
CBR '08;Freeezing in Lapland March '09;
AKL '10;NY Christmas '11;AKL '12;NY May '13;AKL '14;AKL '16;YC & AKL '18
mousse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Another great day.
Old 26 Sep 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Wow you packed a lot in !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
angie-noo
Imagineer

Mobile

I am shattered reading this lol. Haha at reece hiding from you x
The Fairfield Inn LBV -Dec 09/ Springhill suites 10/12
Lake Buena vista resort and spa 15/18
angie-noo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

That kid was brave to go into 'its tough to be a bug' I won't even go in . Another nice tshirt btw . I love the baby rhino, so cute. I really enjoy the Lion King show too but love the fire eater the best.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks, TBH it didn't feel like a busy day, think it's because we relaxed in the evening
T-shirt is a Primarni exclusive
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Lovely parade photos - and the animal kingdom ones are clever too!

Everest makes me feel so sick, I notice your faces are not quite as joyful on that one lol!

Resort sounds lovely.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks, MM is great, especially as it's free, I would have had thousands of photies, but DH & DS were loathe to queue for them!
We love Everest, but don't know why, it did make me feel a bit queasy this time after going backwards!
I'm gonna post more resort pics later on in my trippie, it really is a lovely place
Old 24 Oct 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Lovely day!