Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Sep 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry can I ask if a property manager arranges cleaners to do the changeover?
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes they do the booking system we use lets us schedule cleaning with the cleaners our property manager uses some owners but very few I'm sure have independent cleaners butthatbits self can cause problems if something is not right we have same pool guy that our PM uses for the same reason but our own garden care company our choice
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Can I just ask, do most owners just basically own because of their love for Florida? Because it appears it is not a business/profit making thing. We'd love to own a villa one day, we love the villas they are amazing and we talk a lot about buying when we retire (I'm 36 so got a while to go but like to plan)
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We bought 12 years agoknowing that with generous final salary pension schemes we could retire in our mid 50s best descison we've ever made we retired 2 years ago come November
We spent Jan-March at the villa 2017 and since have been out together or on our own as many days as we are allowed ( tax implications )
Although we are AP holders for Universal Sea World and Busch we also
very much live our life as we do,here just in better weather DH golfs goes to the gym TKD I'm a member of a crafting group and a reading support group for kids we spend time with some really good friends
Who we have made in Florida and we will continue to go,as long as we can
We do have breaks elsewhere but usually short breaks at my sisters home in the Canarys brothers home in France and friends home in Murcia as well as city breaks

Edited at 05:17 PM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HappymanUK
slightly serious Dibber

HappymanUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All of these posts are really helpful indeed - Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.
HappymanUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yes they do the booking system we use lets us schedule cleaning with the cleaners our property manager uses some owners but very few I'm sure have independent cleaners butthatbits self can cause problems if something is not right we have same pool guy that our PM uses for the same reason but our own garden care company our choice
Thanks very much Gryff

I own a holiday home management business and I was curious to see how a business like mine ran over there. It sounds like they work the same way as us 😃
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Think you absolutely need to not go in with the expectation that you'll make money, if only because the running costs are so high. Would guess that 95%+ of villa owners don't make a profit (ignoring mortgage interest and the value of their time) and almost none make a profit when you factor in mortgage interest and time.

It's not all bad ... you get to go to Florida more often than before ... but even then it does become something of a busman's holiday, when you go to Lowes/Home Depot more than Disney/Universal.

I'm 38 now - I bought my first one at 29. You're never too young (or old!).
Wow! well done you - that's a brilliant achievement at such a young age
We couldn't do it at the moment - only 15 years left on our mortgage though!
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Can I just ask, do most owners just basically own because of their love for Florida? Because it appears it is not a business/profit making thing. We'd love to own a villa one day, we love the villas they are amazing and we talk a lot about buying when we retire (I'm 36 so got a while to go but like to plan)
We were 45 when we bought our little piece of Florida and we took a long time researching before we took the plunge it is hard work and it never stops but is it worth it in a word yes.

Renting out makes it possible but you do need to have money in reserve to meet any eventuality my last big expense was having to replace the roof which we did at the end of 2016 at a cost of nearly $9000.00 before that was a new aircon system at $8000.00 which was in the may of 2016 as you can see that was a heavy year who knows what will need replacing next.

It is true that the cost to run a Florida holiday rental is high but it can be done with lots of hard work, your holidays will never be the same again but it is worth it just to walk into your own home.

Below are my last 2 reviews left by dibbers who have stayed this year and when you get reviews like these you know you have helped other people enjoy what you have done and it is a great feeling and one of the reasons we owners do what we do.

We have just returned from a wonderful three week holiday. The villa was amazing. Ideal location, very quiet, pool was nt over looked, close to the parks and local restaurants and shops. The villa was very well presented, incredibly clean, comfortable beds and reclining sofas were much appreciated after a day at the park. My son loved the games room and play station. My daughter spent every spare moment in the pool and now wants her bedroom decorated in the same way. ?
It had everything we could have possibly needed to make our stay perfect.

Steve was brilliant in answering any questions I had. Communication was great.

We were all so sad to leave and would not hesitate in recommending it.

Well what can I say, this villa is everything you could ask for, beautiful community, local to all shops and amenities, the villa inside and out is exceptionally of high standards and you will not be unhappy. I have now rented this villa from Steve and Sue for the past 4 years and would never think of renting anywhere else.

As you enter the villa, it has lovely big bright rooms with all the modern touches, huge lounge and kitchen with everything in it, the master bedroom is huge with its own seating area and walk in closet and en suite, there is a lovely big games room for the children upstairs with PS4 etc which is great while the rest of the group get ready to go out. All the bedrooms are decorated beautifully.

The pool area is great with a huge pool and separate Jacuzzi ,plenty of sun loungers and chairs,including a large table and chairs for you to sit out and have your evening meal.

There is a games room downstairs with plenty to do in it. Everything included,towels, stair gates, pushchairs, highchairs, cots, BBQ .

The owners themselves and the management company go up and beyond to make sure that you have a wonderful time staying in the villa.

This villa comes with high recommendations from me and my family and we cannot wait to go back in October 2019!

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Caribbeanbreeze
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by djblamire View Post
Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a property in Orlando and was looking for anyone who has done the same.

I would like to have a look around a few properties next time we are in the area and wondered where the best place is to start ?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi
I bought my villa two years ago.
I absolutely love owning it but it takes a lot of time and money.
The monthly running costs are high and if you are thinking of renting it out to cover your costs you will find there is a lot of competition.
For every 20 quotes you give out you may get one booking.
Roughly you need about 26 weeks rent to cover your costs (that is without a mortgage).
I can highly recommend Anne Silcock from Bardell Estates. She is originally from Yorkshire and opened her own real estate company over ten years ago with her husband.
She is very friendly and helpful and so knowledgeable.
She will be able to point you in the right direction.
Please feel free to ask me any questions I really dont mind
Good luck
Christine
Caribbeanbreeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
We were 45 when we bought our little piece of Florida and we took a long time researching before we took the plunge it is hard work and it never stops but is it worth it in a word yes.

Renting out makes it possible but you do need to have money in reserve to meet any eventuality my last big expense was having to replace the roof which we did at the end of 2016 at a cost of nearly $9000.00 before that was a new aircon system at $8000.00 which was in the may of 2016 as you can see that was a heavy year who knows what will need replacing next.

It is true that the cost to run a Florida holiday rental is high but it can be done with lots of hard work, your holidays will never be the same again but it is worth it just to walk into your own home.

Below are my last 2 reviews left by dibbers who have stayed this year and when you get reviews like these you know you have helped other people enjoy what you have done and it is a great feeling and one of the reasons we owners do what we do.

We have just returned from a wonderful three week holiday. The villa was amazing. Ideal location, very quiet, pool was nt over looked, close to the parks and local restaurants and shops. The villa was very well presented, incredibly clean, comfortable beds and reclining sofas were much appreciated after a day at the park. My son loved the games room and play station. My daughter spent every spare moment in the pool and now wants her bedroom decorated in the same way. ?
It had everything we could have possibly needed to make our stay perfect.

Steve was brilliant in answering any questions I had. Communication was great.

We were all so sad to leave and would not hesitate in recommending it.

Well what can I say, this villa is everything you could ask for, beautiful community, local to all shops and amenities, the villa inside and out is exceptionally of high standards and you will not be unhappy. I have now rented this villa from Steve and Sue for the past 4 years and would never think of renting anywhere else.

As you enter the villa, it has lovely big bright rooms with all the modern touches, huge lounge and kitchen with everything in it, the master bedroom is huge with its own seating area and walk in closet and en suite, there is a lovely big games room for the children upstairs with PS4 etc which is great while the rest of the group get ready to go out. All the bedrooms are decorated beautifully.

The pool area is great with a huge pool and separate Jacuzzi ,plenty of sun loungers and chairs,including a large table and chairs for you to sit out and have your evening meal.

There is a games room downstairs with plenty to do in it. Everything included,towels, stair gates, pushchairs, highchairs, cots, BBQ .

The owners themselves and the management company go up and beyond to make sure that you have a wonderful time staying in the villa.

This villa comes with high recommendations from me and my family and we cannot wait to go back in October 2019!

Steve

I see a lot of Villa owners on here that seem to really look after their property and take pride in their Florida home. As someone who stays in rented villas a lot when we go, it's really nice to be able to speak to some of the lovely owners on here