Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
New Update post 21. How often does a lounge chair need restuffing? Partial update post 13

We bought our “new” lounge suite 3.5 years ago. DH always sits in one of the chairs and I always sit in the same place on the sofa. My seat has sunk so low that it makes me sore. Coming to us on Friday is a furniture restorer recommended by the shop who sold the suite. It sounded like he is going to try and do something with it there and then as he said he was going to bring filling and foam.

Whilst it was not the most expensive suite it certainly was not cheap at £2,500 in the sale. Unfortunately it is not in warranty any more.

We have been married for nearly 50 years and have never had this problem before. I am so disappointed.

So long would you expect the stuffing in a lounge suite to last? Are we being unreasonable in expecting more?

Edited at 05:54 PM.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've had our suite 12 years, we're just thinking of either a new one or about having it reupholstered as it was expensive, and the seat cushions etc haven't moved at all. I'd be annoyed after 3.5 years.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
moanaminute
slightly serious Dibber

Seems like this may be the norm these days.
Our Parker Knoll suite is only 4 years old - cushions not very comfy, stripe pattern no longer symmetrical and arms are wobbly.
Think that old saying of buying quality is probably gone...
moanaminute is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Oh dear, that is bad! Parker Knoll!
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

We’ve had our lazy boy leather suite 5 years and it’s still pretty much like new. I now hate it because it’s red but will have to live with it for years as it was over 5k (have large corner unit for 5 with 2 recliners and a 2 recliner sofa). So I’d say they should last longer than yours has done. Our last leather 3 piece lasted fine for 10 years as well.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Is it foam or fibre interior? Fibre interiors/feather interiors do need to be plumped regularly and if not they can get misshapen quite easily. Fibre will sink a bit but shouldn't sink dramatically. The good news is that both can be rectified really easily.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post

I have never, in my almost 49 years, heard of anyone re-stuffing a sofa or armchair. I didn't know this was a thing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
moggitymog
slightly serious Dibber

We had ours re stuffed after about 4 years, it's a leather suite and we just liked it too much to change it. It's about due again after another 6 years but I think it's time for a change. I think we paid £100 per seat/cushion

International plaza resort and spa - March 2009 Hawthorn suites, westwood boulevard - Nov 2011 New York - Nov 2014 Rosen inn, pointe orlando - Feb 2015 Enclave Suites - Feb 2018
moggitymog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have never, in my almost 49 years, heard of anyone re-stuffing a sofa or armchair. I didn't know this was a thing.
Thank goodness it wasn't just me
Old 21 Jan 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

our sofa is starting to lose its shape, its for foam cushions / seat pads though

so i guess its a case of buying new foam and cutting to shape ( electric carving knife is the trick )

might just try one to see what happens
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List