Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Apr 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
I would advice you not to do it. For a start you will not get cheap flight prices when booking for 13. I have seen countless threads on here over the years where one person or one family have dropped out and the problems it can cause.
For example on most packages if one person needs to cancel, then the whole package must be cancelled and rebooked (and everyone may lose their deposit) or you could leave that person on the booking as a “no show” but obviously you would still be paying for that person. You could ask each family to book their own flights ,car and tickets and maybe just book the villa as a group. Always make sure you have an agreement in place as to what happens if anyone drops out. If you are booking for the group make sure you have money up front before you book.
Just tell everyone it’s cheaper to book separately and save yourself a lot of stress.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

If you're all close family then I think one villa is okay, you will have several cars so you won't aways have to do the same thing.

As you're not looking to stay onsite at Disney I don't think you need to rush this. Wait until the August flights are out and not only will you be able to price DIY, but the agent prices will likely come down too as they have more flights to pick from.
Those few early release flights are always super expensive as they don't have to compete against other options.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you thought of looking at the villa as separate, you can then choose your own, where you want, what you want and how many you want. As there are quite a lot of you, I would be tempted to book the flights when you can, one less thing to worry about, there’s only 6 of us and we tend to get flights booked while we start to look for a villa and look for Car Hire. Personally I would book one large car and at least one smaller car, we do that and it allows us to split up if we want to.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We did diy for 11 3 years ago and I was the main planner. So it is doable but also stressful.

Do you all live close? Whats app is a good way to stay in touch but in would suggest getting together to discuss the quotes you have found vs waiting for diy and flights. That'd how we made the big decisions like for the villa- we all discussed and agreed key things we wanted and cost. I then did lots of searching and found a list of places that fit those requirements. Then we got together and looked at each villa narrowed it down then chose final villa.

We did have 2 people drop out but we had all agreed so they paid in full for what was already booked and it was all fine.

You'll need at least two cars so you can choose to do different things as and when you want. We had a fab holiday and you will too I'm sure
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Being honest, I’d split this into family groups, possibly three, and have three villas. Getting 13 folks to agree to everything as to where you are going, which park, which time, where do we eat etc etc, would be a mammoth task. You can never please everyone.
Many years ago we went as a group of twelve to an eight bedroom villa in Majorca, for three weeks. By the end of that time, you could cut the atmosphere with a knife. It can be very difficult living in each other’s pockets for all that time. One group actually took a couple tears before we all really spoke together again.
Please understand I’m not trying to put you off, and you may all get on really well together, it’s just something you may not have thought about.
Yes go at the same time, meet up sometimes thro the holiday, but for us, living together 24/7 in a big group did not work.
Sorry.

To return to pricing . As it is id estimate at least £2500 per person inc tickets with 1 big villa, 1 ea 15 seater mini bus, not eating in the parks but offsite.
Which ever way you decide to go I wish you all a brilliant holiday

THIS

personally, I would find the prices, flight, company etc. Send information out and give a deadline for everyone to book by as family groups.

When I went with my brothers family group , y mu. And my my daughter. I did the leg work and the different groups made thier own bookings

If you are booking a family villa then an evening group meeting discussing options or send out three options highest vote options wins

Car hire ... per family is my recommendation

It’s painful enough being the main organiser for a small family group, the larger the group the more variables
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Mobile

We went as a family group of 9 last Easter, however we had all been before so knew what to expect. We booked our flights on the same day but separate. I organised with consultation the villa and car ( we opted for 1 )and also I organised the fast passes and what days to visit where
We have also gone as a larger group with people who had never visited. They agreed to just go with the flow however we did have 2 cars so people could just do their own thing ,
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bean
Being a bit Goofy

Another vote for booking flights, cars, tickets etc. separately.

We have a group of 10 going for Easter next year. We’ve booked one villa together (sent options to a group chat then met to agree which we wanted in person) but there will be four different groups booking flights. It means people can choose exactly what they want and the pressure isn’t all on one person.
Bean is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We are planning a large family holiday in a couple of years. Everyone has agreed that we will book the villa once it becomes available probably at the end of this year, early next, and then pay for this in full. That ties everyone into the villa and everyone knows that if they back out they lose their money, thereby protecting everyone else in the group from suddenly having to pay more. Once the flights, tickets, car hire etc need to be booked, I will happily find and share the ones we will be booking but I am going to leave everyone to book their own.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BnDamo View Post
I would advice you not to do it. For a start you will not get cheap flight prices when booking for 13. I have seen countless threads on here over the years where one person or one family have dropped out and the problems it can cause.
For example on most packages if one person needs to cancel, then the whole package must be cancelled and rebooked (and everyone may lose their deposit) or you could leave that person on the booking as a “no show” but obviously you would still be paying for that person. You could ask each family to book their own flights ,car and tickets and maybe just book the villa as a group. Always make sure you have an agreement in place as to what happens if anyone drops out. If you are booking for the group make sure you have money up front before you book.
Just tell everyone it’s cheaper to book separately and save yourself a lot of stress.
Great Advice... I would advise the same.. tell them to book their own flights etc .. less stressful for you.. I did a family of 10 booking to Salou last year package and in a hotel.. major stress just sorting a date that we could agree on.. then finding a hotel that would please all..one dropped out as well .. one had to be added, then another wanted to come.. I had to do all the API info as well so yeah I won't do it again!

Edited at 05:50 PM.
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Claire@Hull
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve booked for 17 going this May - and its my wedding trip (double stress! Lol) Booked our flights August last year. We agreed on a price per person on the flight (based on previous research) and as soon as that price was reached we booked through the airlines group booking line.

With regard to villa, we have two. One with 12 and one with 5 on the same estate. One booked on Homeaway and one booked through Topvillas.

The problem for me booking with a travel agent was they couldn’t guarantee me an exact villa, just an area, and it was important for me to get everything I wanted in the villa. We have had a bad experience with an AOA with TUI before and I didn’t want that on my wedding trip! Plus it was cheaper to book villas direct as travel agents tend to still do pricing per person.

Each family has their own car.

I have made a 14 day plan and told people they can jump in and out as they please.

We have a Facebook group for discussions and I put helpful tips on there (about fastpasses, etc).

It seems to be working. We wont be in each other’s pockets as we’ll all have different plans.