Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have a key safe so don’t get locked out. I have locked my daughter in a few times though (accidentally!) and she has had to climb out of the kitchen window. She now has an emergency key.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

My DS,DDil and Dgd were locked out of their housewhen they arrived back from a very long journey back fro Orlando in April 2018. They wer picked up from home by taxi, then taken home from Manchester to Leeds. On arrival no keys, we were still in Orlando as wer travelling home the next day, we had spare keys but DD was in a meeting for work. So they stashed their luggage inthe kids play house and the taxitook them to a shopping centre, until DD went to ours picked up keys and then picked them up. The keys wereon the mat inside, they think they may have been dropped as they left and someone popped them through the letter box.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We don’t own the house - we can’t put pictures up let alone change the locks 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Several times...
the best one is I’ve locked myself out of the car... with the key inside..
one time is sat in the back garden on my tablet time my mum got in a half hour later, a couple of other times I’ve grabbed the spare key off the neighbours,
Once I had to walk back down to work and get a key from my mum, then say awake till she finished to let her in :/
But with my car - I’d gone to play a Gig with the wind band I’m part of about 20mins from home, after the gig I was putting my stuff in the passenger side of my car, I have keyless entry, so I put all my stuff except my phone in the car and I was faffing a bit, closed the car door and it locked behind me before I could catch it, with the key inside, fortunately my friend was able to run my spare car key up, but it was dark and I was cold by the time she got there!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

When I was a child my parents were always locking us out. From about 5 I was hitched onto the coal house roof to bang on the top vent in the bathroom window, push it open and wriggle through onto the sink. Turns out my DH had to do the same thing as a child. A good bang in the right place made the long latch jump open.

DH locked himself out of our totally secure house after taking my 5 year old son to visit me and his newborn sister in hospital. No easy latch on our house. We couldn’t afford a locksmith so DH decided to kick in the bottom panel on the back door, however it was a really good door and it took forever before he could stuff my son through a gap so he could open the door.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
you don't have to leave the door unlocked, it just needs to be opened without a key - like the old style yale locks.
Or you can leave the key in. Our back door key never leaves our back door lock, it’s always locked, but it’s always sat in the back door lock so that if there was an emergency, we wouldn’t need to find the key for it. There’s no glass in the back door and no way of accessing the key from outside so there isn’t a safety risk there.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

I've not locked myself out, but i did go on the school run once and left the kitchen tap running with the plug in by accident - arrived back to a mini flood ☹️
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

Lots of time in the house..but the best one was when we lived in Spain...we had gone to a shopping centre and it was nearly siesta time.
I was in one of those little stores that surrounds the supermarket...I went to go out ..and the shutter was down!
The girl had gone home...no one knew her number and she was gone two hours!..I felt like a gold fish in a bowl everyone coming over to see me.
DH had to wait also outside as we were in Alicante and we lived in Almeria.
When she finally came back she was so apologetic saying she had not seen me!..we all ended up laughing in the end.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
Or you can leave the key in. Our back door key never leaves our back door lock, it’s always locked, but it’s always sat in the back door lock so that if there was an emergency, we wouldn’t need to find the key for it. There’s no glass in the back door and no way of accessing the key from outside so there isn’t a safety risk there.
That’s what we do. Our back door has the key in 24/7 so we could always exit that way.
When we are in, the front door has our key in the lock (locked) too. Only time it wouldn’t would be when DH leaves for work, and I am still in, but it’s day time at that point and only for an hour until I walk the dog or leave myself.
Old 22 Oct 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Timing.

I had to nip over to my mum's yesterday. Took my wife's car, she forgot to tell me she'd taken the key to mum's house off the car keys. So I went to use the back door, it's got a coded box. Nope, didn't work. My sister forgot to tell me she'd changed the code last week.

Had to just wave at my mum through the window (mum is not mobile so couldn't get up to open the door) and show her the meal I'd brought over for her. Torture driving back to my house to pick up my keys and drive back to my mum's with the smell of the lovely tea I had for her.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List