Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

people giving you 'advice'

don't you just hate it when an 'important - opinionated' colleague tries to tell you how to do a DisneyLAND holiday while speaking about Orlando? and did i know you can only get one FP and you can hire an ex-Disney worker to use their pass to skip all of the ques ?
then goes on to say he had the free dining just because he stayed in the GF and 'told the concierge he wanted to eat int he same restaurant every night and just book it up'...

took every inch of my being not to explode!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

he's just a self important &%$£ that just winds me up... i really don't know why i let them!
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

no i wouldnt care lifes too short to get wound up over an idiot
Old 21 Sep 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

😂😂
His ‘advice’ sounds like it’s from the Stone Age or something! What an under educated nana!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Sounds a bit of a pillock but like everyone else, just let it wash over you safe in the knowledge you know exactly how to do things, certainly wouldn't annoy me but I'd be chuckling in my mind about them
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

There is a bit of a running joke in my work that I'm the company Disney planner cause I help everyone with their trips. One girl was telling me all about hers and I said oh fab have you booked Tusker House (as her little boy is animal obsessed they were staying at AKL).

She then explained to me that she didn't take the free dining she booked the ultimate fastpass instead, because you can have either free dining or a fastpass that lets you ride everything and never ever queue. Emmmm I don't think that's a thing, to be told no it is that's the options either free dining or this fastpass so I just turned down the dining.

I just smiled and said oh well sounds great but was really random, I was actually more concerned her travel agent had done her out of free dining!
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
There is a bit of a running joke in my work that I'm the company Disney planner cause I help everyone with their trips. One girl was telling me all about hers and I said oh fab have you booked Tusker House (as her little boy is animal obsessed they were staying at AKL).

She then explained to me that she didn't take the free dining she booked the ultimate fastpass instead, because you can have either free dining or a fastpass that lets you ride everything and never ever queue. Emmmm I don't think that's a thing, to be told no it is that's the options either free dining or this fastpass so I just turned down the dining.

I just smiled and said oh well sounds great but was really random, I was actually more concerned her travel agent had done her out of free dining!
sounds like you had much the same wally i did, i really tried to explain to him but he was adamant he was right.
i spent the whole convo just saying 'ummmm - ok, ohh did you'

same here with planning and organising, anyone who knows me asks me to sort out what day is best for what park and do a mock up of a plan for them! (shhhhh i just use theDibb's busy day guides and an excel spreadsheet!
Old 21 Sep 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

It wouldn’t bother me at all.

I am sure we have all made the same errors about something in our lives.

Other people are probably rolling their eyes and commenting about other places or things that are talked about.

It’s life and it’s good not to take it too seriously.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
I'd have probably replied with did ye,aye?
this

nothing worse than someone telling you how to "do" a holiday / destination "properly.." or someone blatantly talking ####
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a colleague whos one of those people who just has to know everything about everything, even when she doesn't. She gave me lots of bad 'advice' on our Orlando trip, all based off a trip she did when 4yrs old and doubtless doesn't remember. Everytime she just told me I 'must have a car to stay on IDrive' I just rolled my eyes and kept my mouth shut.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List