Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile Laser eye surgery

Has anyone had laser eye surgery and would you recommend it? I’ve got astigmatism and can’t get away with contacts so I’m considering the surgery. If you’ve had it, would you mind sharing how much it was?
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Manders1
Earning More Ears

I had my eyes done just under three months ago and the difference is honestly amazing.

My prescription wasn't too bad and I believe the price calculated by how much your eyes need correcting but I could be wrong. I paid £4k in total at Vision Express and this was for the "Wavefront" advanced Lasik.

Well worth the money in my opinion.
Manders1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jane23
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I had laser eye surgery last May after wearing glasses for over 10 years. It was so worth it and I’m so glad I decided to have it done. I now recommend it to anyone considering it, it’s totally changed my life. I paid £4600 in total, though I took out a medical loan and paid it back over 10 months.
Jane23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Not me but SIL had it done several years ago now. Said it made a total difference to her and she is really pleased with it. The only thing she does not like is night driving as she said she gets a 'halo' round on coming car lights.
I asked her and she said Yes she would defiantly recommend the procedure.
Old 3 Jun 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiebelle
VIP Dibber

My mum had it done about 20 years ago in Manchester, says it is one of the best things she ever did.

Luxury 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pool home with Gamesroom. Free wi-fi, cable TV in all rooms, covered lanai - 8 miles from Disney.

60inch TV in Living Room
Xbox One with 37inch TV and games
40inch TV's in bedrooms
Refurbished pool with colour changing lights and a friendly dolphin to swim with.

Guest Reviews: http://www.mydisneyfloridavilla.co.uk/3127/3257.html

Pixiebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

My Mrs had Lasek (i think) about 20 ish years ago

massive improvement but now has to wear glasses again for driving /TV but this was to be expected as eyes still deteriorate over time .. Still not as bad as when she got them done though
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I had lasik a few years ago, and it was one of the best decisions I've made. I had pretty bad myopia and astigmatism and couldn't see anything without glasses or contacts. Whereas now I don't need glasses or contacts (until I get presbyopia eventually anyway), which is pretty amazing and life changing.

In terms of cost, I worked out that the cost of lasik was offset in part by the cost of glasses/contacts - and my glasses/contacts weren't cheap due to how bad my prescription was.

There are some side effects though, I had pretty bad dry eyes for a year or so and was using eye drops and eye gel liberally that year. Also had halos at night for a few months. Both now resolved, thankfully! Will also add that my eyesight correction is much better for one eye (which got to pretty much perfect vision) than the other eye (which is not completely corrected - was warned about this though prior to the lasik because of my prescription/etc), but I haven't had any major issues with this...
Old 3 Jun 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks all for replying! I was worried about the halos when driving, I didn’t realise they could disappear though. Is your computer use ok? My SIL got hers done and needed glasses after 5 years so that put me off a little as I’d expect it to last longer than that.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
Thanks all for replying! I was worried about the halos when driving, I didn’t realise they could disappear though. Is your computer use ok? My SIL got hers done and needed glasses after 5 years so that put me off a little as I’d expect it to last longer than that.
One thing my ophthalmologist mentioned before my lasik regarding the night halos was to go out at night and have a look at lights before the lasik, because chances were that I probably already had some circles/halos/refractions around lights with glasses at night before lasik. So I did that and it turns out that she was right, I definitely had some fuzziness around lights at night while wearing my glasses (due to the refraction I guess), just that I had gotten used to it over the years. So when I had the night halos after lasik it didn't seem quite that terrible... and then they got better after a few months when I either didn't notice them as much or they just got better...

No issues with computer use here, I use computers/iPads/phones/etc rather a lot and haven't had any issues.
Old 3 Jun 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Does it hurt?!

I think I could put up with it having had a squash ball in the eye, and all the treatment involved.

I have to wear reading glasses over my contacts now! So guess they would still be needed?
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List