Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Back to work ... hooray for nerves!

Hi dibbers, Hope you’re all well.

So after a very long and difficult 21 weeks on furlough leave I am finally going back to work next week

I’m very excited, I love my job but... the nerves have also started. I work in travel and well I’m sure you’ll all agree it’s not going to be an easy road to start, lots of challenges. And further more I’ve only actually got about 12 weeks of work before I’ll have to start my mat leave and AL as well. Doesn’t seem long at all.

I’ve hated furlough, ive felt incredibly isolated at times, become a bit of a shut in, and I’ve had so many people tell me I’m basically on holiday - certainly wasn’t a holiday! Conference calls every couple weeks, the constant fear of the next round of redundancies (There’s been 4!) and the worry over the state of the travel industry etc... I can’t help but feel a bit emotionally battered!

I’m sure I’m just being silly (and hormonal!) and everything will be fine, but any tips on controlling the nerves would be appreciated
X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lot you have been/are going through RLA! I have no real tips as such, just to say to try to take things slowly and breathe! Hopefully your employer will have everything in place to help you feel safe. And once you get the first day over you’ll probably feel much better about things. It must be hard being pregnant too and feeling responsible. Just take it easy. I’m not sure how much you’ve been out and about during furlough as you say you’ve become a bit of a “shut in”. Maybe try to venture out a little in the next day or two. Nothing major, just a little bit more than before.
Good luck - sending hugs 🤗
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I'm sure after the first day the nerves will disappear, just take each hour at a time and enjoy the countdown to your maternity leave and new arrival.

I start back on Monday too after 19 weeks on furlough but just a wee 4 hour shift (long enough with a mask on though) and am looking forward to it. I'm not in a stressful job like travel though but normally work part of the time in the Bureau which is not reopening yet (if at all) but just glad to be returning to some normality.

Edited at 07:59 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

I returned to work end of june after 15 weeks on the sick. I did work from home from mid may until my return but it was scary (i work in a school). I spent 3 weeks on reduced hours to ease me back in and i did find it become easier but then we aent on the 6 weeks hols so 1st Sept when i return, full time, and with the whole school returning on 2nd sept. I am getting scared i wont deny it, im scared for my children returning as well but hopefully we will all settle in quickly and everyone will be safe and well.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List