Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

A heat alarm in my kitchen would be a disaster. As it is the smoke alarm in the utility room goes off regularly when cooking steaks etc., despite using the extractor.
Will have a look at the leaflet as should get one soon.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

You should call the fire service for a home fire safety visit. They come to your house and check thibgs like the sockets ate not overloaded etc and check your smoke detectors.
They will make sure you have everything you need and its free.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by myvot View Post
You should call the fire service for a home fire safety visit. They come to your house and check thibgs like the sockets ate not overloaded etc and check your smoke detectors.
They will make sure you have everything you need and its free.
They are not doing that at the moment due to covid. Its telephone only around my way. It is also stated they won't be supplying what would be needed to meet this new law.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
A heat alarm in my kitchen would be a disaster. As it is the smoke alarm in the utility room goes off regularly when cooking steaks etc., despite using the extractor.
The leaflet was not from Government. It was from a company trying to sell their solution to the new regulations. I do imagine that the Government must be planning some sort of publicity around this.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
I have a hard wired heat alarm in my kitchen and in 8 years it had only once been activated (by mistake) I have smoke and heat elsewhere in most rooms including utility rooms and bathrooms, never gone off and are isolated during works that may effect them.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aico do a 10 year wireless linked range of detectors. Also just a note, I realise rules in Scotland are different but Britsh Standards are not usually retrospective and apply to new build or refurb properly.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MOUSEMARSH View Post
Aico do a 10 year wireless linked range of detectors. Also just a note, I realise rules in Scotland are different but Britsh Standards are not usually retrospective and apply to new build or refurb properly.
Only £84 per unit from Toolstation !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
Fairly sure you can get them cheaper. Will have a look when I get home.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Originally Posted by kiwiinabd View Post
I retrieved the leaflet from File B1N and it actually came from Aico.

The one for me would be the Ei650RF RadioLINK+ which is the 10 year battery plus radiolink and the cheapest I can find it is £57.54.

I have looked around today and can see £22 ones which in theory hit the mark but they are all coming from China and you probably get what you pay for.
Old 12 Oct 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

The reality is who is going to go into every house to check they are complying with the new regulation. Clearly so many people are going to foodbanks and can't afford to eat let alone spend many hundreds to comply.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List