Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Cool 3rd Visit 1 word WOOHOO! August 1st 2016 Day 5 I.O.A & U.S

3rd Visit 1 word WOOHOO! CBR/RPR July/August 2016 INDEX

Day 5 1/08/2016 IOA & U.S

We wake up (me with a headache, I am missing my pillow back at CBR!) I have a coffee and a couple of co-codamol, we all get ready and then it’s straight out for the water taxi to IOA for early entry

As soon as we get in we head straight over to Kong Island (which is where all the crowds seem to be heading lol!)

The theming for the ride is great

We didn’t get caught out by the hand but we heard plenty of screams
As for the ride, its good, but it felt a little short and we wouldn’t queue long for it, oh and sit in the middle of the car if you can, you get the best experience
We decide when we come off this that we will go and get a snack for breakfast, so we head round to Croissant Moon & Ste has a blueberry muffin, Reece has a cookie (surprise surprise) and I have a funnel cake, which the lads join at and a few little birdies got the crumbs Well the lads think it will be a good idea to go on Spiderman after we have eaten I decide I may be pushing my luck going on straight after food so sit and finish my coffee and have a peaceful 10 mins on my own
Then I wander over to meet them and first get a pic of Reece with Captain America, seeing as he has got the t-shirt on

It's now time for a cool down, so we head over to Toon Lagoon for the water rides (now these beat Disney’s hands down) We like to do these all in one go so first is Jurassic Park and we got sat at the front so got pretty wet, next is Ripsaw Falls, I get sat at the front as I am the smallest, we got soaked on this & then our favourite, Blutos Bilge Rat Barges and yes we got absolutely drenched haha!

After we have got a soaking and had a laugh at each other, we decide to head back to the hotel for some R&R and to dry off, Reece goes straight into the pool, me & Ste go back to the room for a drink and snack & then I go and sit around the pool for a while.
I get chatting to a lovely lady who comes from Blackpool but was originally from Middleton, which is only round the corner from where we live She points out the cutest thing in the pool 3 little ducklings (wish I had taken my camera to the pool with me now!) just bobbing around sooooo sweet awwww After we have relaxed and the sun has dried us off (must remember to take an extra top for after the water rides next time lol!) we head back to Universal so we (I!) can go on the Minions ride again, oh I do love this

The obligatory *hat* shot

And then I want to have a proper look around the shops, but the lads want to do Transformers yet again, think they have a new favourite ride So they leave me browsing whilst they go on it and then I wander round to meet them and we decide to see if MIB is running, it is so after dumping our stuff in a locker we jump on that, Reece comes 1st, only just beating me by about 100 points! Ste comes last haha! We then stroll round for the Hogwarts Express, I love the way you disappear through the platform it’s fab, the boys disappearing (oh if only it was that easy!)

As we are boarding I realise I haven’t got my sunglasses, now I had placed them in my cap in the locker and checked there was nothing left in when we emptied it, so the only thing I can think is they flew out of my cap! We carry on to IOA as I figure, if they have been picked up they will get handed in to Lost & Found, a couple of not so clear pics from Hogwarts Express

By this time we are all hungry, so we go & get a refill at the Coke Freestyle machine (we reactivated our cup) & all get hotdogs & fries, after we have eaten and had a rest me and Reece head for Dragon Challenge, we ride the red one, which Reece is happy about being a Man Utd fan lol & then Reece wants to go on Forbidden Journey but me and Ste give it a miss so he goes on single rider, we have a wander around the Harry Potter Land and then head back to go on Spiderman, but we see a furore around Hulk as we get there and guess what it’s running soft opening, the waiting time says 90 mins, no way says I, well Reece says he is going on, well I may as well wait in the queue and go on with him as wait sat down somewhere and miss out! Luckily (especially for Ste who is bag holding) it only ends up being about 60 mins, ok I know the ride hasn’t changed much but the theming was good & everything about this ride is fab and it was great to ride it in the dark As soon as we come off this, we decide it’s time to head back to the hotel, stopping off at L&F on the way, she rings over to Universal, no luck yet but I will call in at Universal tomorrow before we leave for Sea World, Reece wants to come and get some Marvel merchandise anyway!
Back at the hotel, bath/showers all round and bed.

Tomorrow SeaWorld

Thanks for reading, I look forward to reading your comments

Edited at 07:58 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 16, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great day.hoping to ride hulk in the dark 😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

A busy day by the sounds of it, I love water rides too but I prefer everyone else getting soaked . Glad you got to have a mooch around the shop, I don't think some men appreciate how important this is . The Harry Potter stuff looks cool .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
It's well worth doing Hulk in the dark, along with others

I was very well behaved though, didn't buy nowt, well apart from a Transformers aerial topper
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
angie-noo
Imagineer

I love Universal and IOA. looking forward to doing some of the new rides. x
The Fairfield Inn LBV -Dec 09/ Springhill suites 10/12
Lake Buena vista resort and spa 15/18
angie-noo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by angie-noo View Post
I love Universal and IOA. looking forward to doing some of the new rides. x
The new rides are fab, but for me its still RRR that's the best
Old 3 Jan 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another great day, we can't wait to ride hulk either!
Excitedx4 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Another great day, we can't wait to ride hulk either!
It's a great ride, loved doing it in the dark and even though it hasn't changed, think it was the exitement of riding it on soft opening that made it more exciting