Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Cool 3rd Visit 1 word WOOHOO! August 2nd 2016 Day 6 SeaWorld

3rd Visit 1 word WOOHOO! CBR/RPR July/August 2016 INDEX

Day 6 2/08/2016 SeaWorld

We get up & after I have had my coffee to bring me round (why is the coffee maker so low down, I feel like I am praying for me brew!) me & Reece head out for the water taxi as Ste packs up, when we get to Citywalk, Reece heads over to the Marvel shop in IOA & I head to L&F in Universal, no luck with my sunglasses But they have given me a number to call in case they do turn up in next few days (I did ring them when we got home, but no luck!)
I head over to Reece then & he has picked out a Deadpool t-shirt, Transformers t-shirt and also a set of Spiderman & Deadpool comics (according to him, they all follow on so he has to get the set, mmm!) a book and also yet another Marvel encyclopaedia, hope it doesn’t put us over our luggage weight or TSA search his case like last time!
We head back to the hotel via the water taxi (I will miss this) and Ste is ready and waiting with the cases, which we leave at luggage services and then order an Uber to SeaWorld

We get there and after we have managed to get our tickets out of one of the machines (first 2 we tried didn’t work!) queued up to get in, we go and get something to eat (there is nowhere that does a proper breakfast now!) then head to the till to get our all day dine wrist bands, what a palaver this was, girl must have scanned our bands at least 3 times, when we have eventually got them sorted, we go and find somewhere to sit to eat, finding somewhere out of the sun, harder than it sounds! As soon as we have finished, we walk around the penguin encounter.
Reece doing his best impression

Penguins are soo lovely, I love these little fellas

Then it’s time for something I have always wanted to do I go and pick a pearl, using the dollars my Mum gave me before we came away & some birthday money I had left over from MiL.
Ste only took one pic of me doing this!

I get the second rarest a blue one (even though it looks more grey/silvery to me!) 7mm and a ring setting, with a diamond in & they glued the pearl in whilst we waited, those planning to do this and get a ring take note, I got a size 9 as the size 8 felt too tight, wish I had got the 8 now though as obviously my fingers were a bit swelled with the heat so the ring is a bit loose! I’m so glad I did this, it’s a lovely memento from my Mum & also my MiL which a couple of you will know we lost recently.

After this, me & Reece decide it’s time to have a go on Mako, it’s only showing 20 mins wait time, but we were near enough straight on it, we loved this ride & it goes a lot faster than it looks when watching it We clap as we come to the end like you do at WDW/US but the staff look at us as though we weren't right in the head!
After we have come off though, Reece realises his key card from RPR has come out of his lanyard, he is gutted as it had the RipRideRocket pic on (I am TBH!) I do make a joke as we walk under the netting that I can see it, the look on his face tells me it’s too soon!
It’s now time to head over for the Shamu show, these really are amazing animals, it did seem strange without the trainers being in the water with them, but it’s still a fantastic show

We come out of that and head for Manta, but it’s closed, in fact all the rides seem to have closed down, there is a dark cloud looming so we can only presume they have had a weather warning, so we decide to head up to Blue Horizons, oh I love this show as I do love dolphins & also love the birds appearing out of no-where, would still love to know how they trained these how to do this

As we come out of this, we notice that Kraken is running, so me & Reece go and join the queue for this, as we get to the front, there is no-one to tell us where to go, then our gates open but then close again as on the other side they are letting the Quick Queue people on, but instead of seating them on rows together, they seat them separately, leaving odd seats so no 2 or more riders can get on together! Anyway when the next car pulls up, our gate opens, so me & Reece rush through and just as we get to our car, the QQ people are about to sit there, but me & Reece stand our ground this time and sit down first! Now we have eventually got on, we really enjoy it lol We decide whilst the rides are running again, to head straight round for Manta after this as we don’t want to chance it shutting down again, we were straight on this, now I am glad I did it, but I won't go on it again, it mashed my brain a bit it was a very strange feeling being laid forwards! Ste decides it’s time for a sit down after this & it’s time we go to watch Clyde & Seamore’s Sea Lion High (not that it’s his favourite of course haha!) Oh this is soo funny, love the otter, I want one of these at home Though didn't manage to get a pic of him, he's so fast, love the walrus doing sit ups too

When we come out of this, we decide we may as well eat here before heading back to RPR (we were planning to stay for the evening Shamu show, but we have had enough!) for our luggage as we have the ADD but, it’s a struggle to find somewhere as a couple of the places are shut anyway & again finding somewhere that has seating out of the sun!
Now I couldn’t wait to do SW again after we did it in 2007 and enjoyed it so much but missed out in 2011 cause Reece was ill, but doubt we will come back TBH, could be that we are finally burning out & we might not be being fair, but we weren’t over impressed, it didn’t seem as organised as the other parks, the staff weren’t half as friendly and we were disappointed with the ADD TBH! I mean even when we wanted a bottle of water, we had to queue up in the food queue, ask for bottles of water then go and queue for the till for them!
Anyway, it’s out of SW and an Uber back to RPR, pick up our luggage, then an Uber (shame they can’t wait for you like a taxi would but suppose that's part of them being cheaper!) back to CBR, ahhh I am so glad to be back in the Disney bubble, even though the lads wish we had spent more time at Universal/IOA lol

Tomorrow, shopping & Hollywood Studios.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to reading your comments

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

The ring is beautiful and will bring you lovely memories of MinL, smile each time you look at it and think of her .

I agree with you about the Disney bubble, I just love being there. I went off Universal and SW a long time ago I think it was because DD was poorly at the time and had to use a wheelchair and the customer service at each of these places was not a patch on Disney, this was ten years ago though so things may have changed.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Such a lovely memento of mum and mil.you are very brave riding mako 😬😬😬
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
The ring is beautiful and will bring you lovely memories of MinL, smile each time you look at it and think of her .

I agree with you about the Disney bubble, I just love being there. I went off Universal and SW a long time ago I think it was because DD was poorly at the time and had to use a wheelchair and the customer service at each of these places was not a patch on Disney, this was ten years ago though so things may have changed.
I look at it with a smile tinged with sadness at the mo, but know in time it will just make me smile Pearl is also my birthstone so it's extra special

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Such a lovely memento of mum and mil.you are very brave riding mako 😬😬😬
Mako is fab, go for it
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 16, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
angie-noo
Imagineer

Love the ring Nina. You are braver than me doing Manta, really don't think I could do this one. Trying to decide if we want to do seaworld next year. x
The Fairfield Inn LBV -Dec 09/ Springhill suites 10/12
Lake Buena vista resort and spa 15/18
angie-noo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mousse
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely ring with memories attached😊... as for these rides no chance the 7 dwarves is enough for me these day!

First Trip '06;Lapland Christmas '07
CBR '08;Freeezing in Lapland March '09;
AKL '10;NY Christmas '11;AKL '12;NY May '13;AKL '14;AKL '16;YC & AKL '18
mousse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

What a great day. I love seaworld. Your ring is so pretty and will hold special memories for you x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 16, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by angie-noo View Post
Love the ring Nina. You are braver than me doing Manta, really don't think I could do this one. Trying to decide if we want to do seaworld next year. x
Lol nope Manta really isn't one I would do again!
Originally Posted by mousse View Post
Lovely ring with memories attached😊... as for these rides no chance the 7 dwarves is enough for me these day!
Haha you chicken Mind you 7 dwarves is pretty speedy
Originally Posted by Ali Hart View Post
What a great day. I love seaworld. Your ring is so pretty and will hold special memories for you x
Thanks, I am sad we were disappointed in SW TBH as we really loved it first time we went, maybe we will return someday

Thanks for your comments on my ring everyone, it really is such a lovely memento of our holiday, my Mum and my late Mum in Law
Old 3 Jan 17, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The ring looks fab and a nice memory of your mum and mil. Shame about sw we are heading there this year, first time for hubby and kids and I haven't been since I was 15.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
The ring looks fab and a nice memory of your mum and mil. Shame about sw we are heading there this year, first time for hubby and kids and I haven't been since I was 15.
It really is a lovely mementoe of my Mum, late MinL and of our holiday too Hope you have a better experience than we did