Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Mar 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We were there exactly this time last year also - currently loving the FB memories.

Having 2 much older 'children' it's somewhere I've wanted to stay for years but as they didn't build any 1 bed DVC rooms we couldn't, DH & I did a couple of trips just us in 2019/2020 and in March stayed in a Poly studio.

I can't comment on the hotel rooms as we stayed on DVC points in a studio so I've no idea how they compare, but we absolutely fell in love with the resort, just feels like they got everything right.

We were in Tocolou (?sp) which is in the middle between the TTC and main building so a perfect location.

Loved chilling on the beach and having it to ourselves, watching the fireworks from the dock, the quiet pool, the monorail to hand, the boat transfers, was all just perfect. Enjoy

If you enjoy it as much as I'm currently enjoying my Facebook memories each morning, you'll have an amazing time!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Thank you all for your comments.

I am considering DVC points, as I think I worked it out to be 250 points for lake view for 10 nights. Otherwise I would be hoping for some offers for 2022, which of course is anyone's guess as to if any or what these are... we have always used free dining offer over the past 14 years.

What are the benefits from DVC points and what is the average price to pay or best channels for this? Am I right in saying you get free parking at the resorts with DVC?

Now with the walkway opened between GF and MK would people consider now walking from the Poly? Maybe not first choice, but I am sure could be a nice walk and measured it out at a little over 1 mile from the edge of the Poly... Probably just a drop in the Ocean for what we will b walking throughout the day!
Old 3 Mar 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
What are the benefits from DVC points and what is the average price to pay or best channels for this? Am I right in saying you get free parking at the resorts with DVC?
You do get free parking when staying on DVC points, you can either rent via a broker, which gives you the most protection, or directly from an owner, which will save you some money but there is an element of risk & trust needed on your part.

I believe the likes of DVC Rental store & David's DVC rentals charge $19/$20 per point. Renting directly you 'may' pay a little less than that but you're dealing directly with the owner. When I rent my points I communicate with the renter regularly and am open to try and accommodate any requests they may have (I'm not renting mine btw, that's not an advert!), all owners I know personally act in the same way, I can't speak for all DVC owners.

An owner can book their home resort at 11 months and any other resort at 7 months out.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We used David’s Vacation Rentals for a 2 night stay at The Boardwalk back in 2019. We ended up renting a Dibb villa but did consider the full 14 nights using DVC points.

However it was really hard to get enough points and availability for a 2 week stay renting DVC points. Normally renters are from the US and have stays for 3-5 days and book a couple of months in advance whereas I like everything booked a good 12 months in advance. We had the flights and it was really stressing me out not having the accommodation booked. Nothing was available for the full 2 weeks at 11 months out anywhere we wanted to stay so then it came down to the 7 month mark and David’s said it was very unlikely that they would find a single renter with that amount of points going and we would probably have to split it between 2 or even 3 renters. We decided then to go for a villa with a 2 night dvc stay and but still only had the choice of a few places. We wanted Grand Floridian villas or The Poly and couldn’t get either. But we were happy with The Boardwalk and it was such a bargain so it’s a shame it’s hard to get long stays.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Thank you all for your comments.

I am considering DVC points, as I think I worked it out to be 250 points for lake view for 10 nights. Otherwise I would be hoping for some offers for 2022, which of course is anyone's guess as to if any or what these are... we have always used free dining offer over the past 14 years.

Now with the walkway opened between GF and MK would people consider now walking from the Poly? Maybe not first choice, but I am sure could be a nice walk and measured it out at a little over 1 mile from the edge of the Poly... Probably just a drop in the Ocean for what we will b walking throughout the day!
Yes I would absolutely walk to and from MK. If you’re in the DVC studios they are closer to TTC than GF so slightly further than the edge

The path which connects GF to MK has only opened recently so I’ve never done that part, but have walked many times from TTC to Poly to GF and from BLT to MK to the bit which used to end with the waterway before getting to GF. So I have walked the route with the exception of the ‘new’ bit

It’s a lovely walk