Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 11 Feb 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Robbo19
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Question Looking for information on getting married at Disney

Hello! Hope you are all well and staying safe in this weird and wonderful world just now! I’m quite new too the Dibb, had an account for ages but really starting too use it now. So bit of background information,

Hi I’m Abbie from Scotland. We were due too get married June 2020 but obviously COVID reared it’s head so we postponed too June 2021. Things aren’t looking likely for a ‘normal’ wedding unfortunately. Our wedding was originally going to have in total around 150/160 people. Looking at the way our lockdown rules are we don’t think we’ll be allowed anymore than 20, with restrictions on music, dancing and social distancing etc.

We have however booked a family holiday too Orlando for September 2022 for three weeks (eeeeek! ) with my parents, my oh parents his sister and husband and there little one who will be 3 when there. We have thought of a possible wedding whilst there... but Disney can’t give me prices or idea’s until 16 months too the date. So was wondering if anyone here had got married in Disney maybe with a small amount of people? Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Abbie x
Old 11 Feb 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hey we got married at the Swan and Dolphin in 2017 with just family their.

We used a service called JustMarry who were brilliant, we got a dedicated wedding planner who was invaluable the day before and of the wedding as my in-laws flight got postponed meaning they didn't arrive until the day of. But Ashley took care of everything and helped rearrange things at the last minute so that we had a first look, and photos before the ceremony so that the in-laws had time to arrive and get changed.

We hired a photography couple that where with us all day and our officant Lon was brilliant two, his wife runs a company that sorts the marriage licenses so we didn't even need to worry about that.

We had a cake delivered to the hotel and for dinner we hired a private room in Disney Springs at STK. This was the best part of the day, the food was great, we got 2 private servers and we bought a drinks package, which with two private servers and 15 adults from Scotland too was well used!

We looked at a Wedding by Disney but decided that it would be too much money. But what we did I still think was very Disney and would do it the same way again (just without the flight delay)
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Dibber Oh_darling has and she did the most wonderful trip report about it, well worth a read.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Robbo19
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
Dibber Oh_darling has and she did the most wonderful trip report about it, well worth a read.
Oh thank you for this! I’ve been hooked on her trip report that I forgot to come back and thank you!
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tsoski View Post
Hey we got married at the Swan and Dolphin in 2017 with just family their.

We used a service called JustMarry who were brilliant, we got a dedicated wedding planner who was invaluable the day before and of the wedding as my in-laws flight got postponed meaning they didn't arrive until the day of. But Ashley took care of everything and helped rearrange things at the last minute so that we had a first look, and photos before the ceremony so that the in-laws had time to arrive and get changed.

We hired a photography couple that where with us all day and our officant Lon was brilliant two, his wife runs a company that sorts the marriage licenses so we didn't even need to worry about that.

We had a cake delivered to the hotel and for dinner we hired a private room in Disney Springs at STK. This was the best part of the day, the food was great, we got 2 private servers and we bought a drinks package, which with two private servers and 15 adults from Scotland too was well used!

We looked at a Wedding by Disney but decided that it would be too much money. But what we did I still think was very Disney and would do it the same way again (just without the flight delay)
Hi, we are using Just Marry and noticed your comment about the marriage license.

So you didn't have to collect the license from the court? And did you pay extra for this.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Hi, we are using Just Marry and noticed your comment about the marriage license.

So you didn't have to collect the license from the court? And did you pay extra for this.
So we paid $195 in 2017 from marriedbymail.com. They send out a copy that we got noterised in the UK that didn't cost us anything. Then after the ceremony our officant took the marriage license they get it registered and sent us a noterised copy back a few weeks after.

For us it was 100% worth it to not have to worry about going to the court house on what was basically our honeymoon with our 18 month old at the time as well.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

So we paid $195 in 2017 from marriedbymail.com. They send out a copy that we got noterised in the UK that didn't cost us anything. Then after the ceremony our officant took the marriage license they get it registered and sent us a noterised copy back a few weeks after.

For us it was 100% worth it to not have to worry about going to the court house on what was basically our honeymoon with our 18 month old at the time as well.
Might be worth using then. Although i noticed they don't offer refunds which might be a problem atm.
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Might be worth using then. Although i noticed they don't offer refunds which might be a problem atm.
So I would just message and ask for more detail on the policy. Its a small family business, the wife does the marriage certificates and her husband is an officiant (he did our wedding) and they are both lovely people.

I would expect if you had to delay they would be able to accommodate you.

Edited at 01:51 PM.
Old 27 Feb 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

juliab did a trip report on her wedding. Trip report is called Finally a Ford.
She had her wedding in Disney just her, her husband and 3 children.
I got married just outside Disney Springs at a place called Paradise Cove which we arranged through Virgin.
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

So I would just message and ask for more detail on the policy. Its a small family business, the wife does the marriage certificates and her husband is an officiant (he did our wedding) and they are both lovely people.

I would expect if you had to delay they would be able to accommodate you.
Sorry to be a pain, but one other thing i noticed was that you had to print out the form they send, and get a solicitor to fill out the rest (At added cost i guess)

Did you do that?

If we went ourselves, that part would be included in the Clerk costs of $86, so why do they pass that part of the cost and effort to you?
LA Disneyland 2023