Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Mar 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Your dream trip to Florida

So if money (and the pandemic) wasn’t an issue what would your ideal two week trip to Florida look like?
Mine...
Five or six nights at Universal RPR (my teen kids prefer Universal) where we’d do everything in the parks, plus Volcano Bay that we missed on our last trip, eat at Mythos, plus Toothsome, Bubba Gumps and Cowfish
Two nights in the Star Wars Hotel (because in my dream trip this would be open) and do the fully immersive Galaxy’s Edge for those days
Remaining nights in one of the deluxe Disney hotels - not sure which one but either two rooms or a suite near to parks - suggestions welcome 😉
On those days we’d ride FoP lots, the new Tron ride, plus everything else, eat dinner at BoG, plus Topolinos, Toledo and Sanaa and have breakfast at O’Hana.
An amazing trip! So, over to you...

Edited at 04:36 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Two, preferably three weeks in Gryffs villa with a day at DC, trips/nights out to the coasts, the odd day at SW and Universal maybe, swim with manatees, a day visiting a few of the Disney resorts, eating wherever the mood took us, visiting Winter Park, but not on a Monday (did that last time, schoolboy error) and spending as much time as wanted to just sitting on the deck, reading books and chilling.
Old 2 Mar 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Fly PE Virgin, Grand Floridian Conceigre Park View, Couple of days at Anna Marie Island and all 4 children decline the offer of a holiday so just me and DH
Old 2 Mar 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I'd probably do exactly what I did in 2018. 2 weeks RPR as the hotel, passes to Disney and Universal, a day ticket to KSC, and trips to the outlets for my parents. Probably buy more souvenirs Same time of year too, EPCOT food and wine was really nice just for the ambience if nothing else.

I would get personal transport to KSC though, not a coach as we did last time. A taxi driven by a local would be nice, we had a lovely guy take us back from one of the outlets and chat about all sorts of stuff on the way.

Other than that small change, I think we found our winning formula in our second period of visiting Orlando. For my money the Universal hotels are a fantastic value and very laid back. They also provide a good base for the area and FOTLP are unreal for value.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 08:56 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

My trip would be for 3 weeks late September. 12 nights in our usual villa, doing some Disney days, Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Kennedy Space Centre. Then 5 nights staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge with dining plan (hopefully free DDP). Then the last 4 nights at the beach, in a luxurious hotel, having a rest before coming home. Also must include a few shopping trips. I’d like cirque du soleil to be open so we can go again, I’d also go back to the rodeo in Kissimmee.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

Fly upper class with Virgin. Then stay for a week in the Universal Hard Rock hotel and then spend two weeks in Disney’s Polynesian resort.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It would be just after Easter.
I would fly with Delta via Atlanta and in to Pensacola where I would stay a few days in Margaritaville, visiting Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum and Floydd Flounders Chowder House.
I would drive to Destin and stay behind Henderson State Park for 2 days, having my previously cancelled boat day on Crab Island.
I would fly from Destin to Orlando and have 4 days, Discovery Cove, Seaworld and Aquatica, plus a Horse Ride at the Lazy H.
I would drive from Orlando to Tampa where I would have 3 days, one in Busch, one to visit the Rainbow River at Dunnelon and one at Fort Desoto Park.
I would drive to Venice and spend a day on Casperson Beach finding Fossilised Sharks Teeth before an evening meal at Sharkys by the Pier and staying the night nearby.
I would drive to Naples and spend two nights there whilst visiting Delnor Wiggins State Park and downtown Naples.
I would then drive to Hawks Cay resort, Duck Key and visit Buffalo Tigers Airboat rides en-route. I would stay 4 nights here, lazing and basking with maybe a fishing trip and most certainly a walk out on the Old 7 mile bridge.
I would drive on to Key West and spend 3 nights there, getting pleasantly p~~~ed just as Hemingway would have done in Sloppy Joes and the Green Parrot.
I would fly home from Key West via Atlanta.

21 Days in all and perfectly achievable as well as in budget! I have done all of them before, so I would know exactly what I would be getting!

Flights? Coach, but exit row as I have only ever flown Coach or Crab Air and even in my dreams, would not waste money on an upgrade as I would already be saving up for next years dream.. I am a pragmatist!

Edited at 08:36 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would have 3 nights in RPR
Then maybe 10 in a villa
Then off to the gulf Coast for 10 days r and r or Miami and the keys
Old 2 Mar 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hopefully the holiday for September this year ( booked in 2019 ) will be 'that' holiday. Its my friends 50th and we have PE booked, two weeks at HRH and because last years holiday to Nashville was cancelled, we have decided it will be a 'stuff the budget' holiday 😊
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Ooh tricky one

Upper class flights then driver in a luxury car waiting to take us to 3 bed grand villa at wilderness lodge, couple of nights there with VIP tours during the day
Over to the Polynesian for a few nights in one of the over water bungalows then over to Club level at the yacht club so we can walk to Epcot and dine at the best restaurants there and walk back to our room after a few drinks

A night at the four seasons before we head down to the keys in a private jet to stay at the little palm island resort and spa

Edited at 10:41 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List