Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 27 Feb 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I laughed at the part about the queen using zoom and Philip just shutting the laptop lid down at the end of calls 🤣
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Is this the guy who wants no press intrusion but was on one of the top shows in US days before his wife is doing Oprah? The one who has their initials intertwined with a crown above when they do their regular press releases? The one who preaches we should be watching climate change and lives in a huge mansion and takes private jets?
Are we taking about Mr Markle?
Sorry, can’t abide the pair of them. I’d try to just ignore them and hope they disappear but they are impossible to get away from.
No offence to those who like them but I can’t opt out of seeing Mr Markle threads.
Sorry to be negative but having seen it all over the papers and news I just needed my rant when I saw it here.
Well said YT, huge double standards going on with them both
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
You don't need to like them YT 🙂there is a world of a difference though between Harry choosing to appear with James Corden or on Oprah than them being hounded constantly by the press.
I agree. I don't think that any person (be they famous or not) that is on the TV or in the news is free game to be hounded and followed. Where does it end - dying in a paparazzi car chase...
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
You don't need to like them YT 🙂there is a world of a difference though between Harry choosing to appear with James Corden or on Oprah than them being hounded constantly by the press.
I’m a bit bored with “they wanted solitude” Facebook comments. They were very clear they wanted a private family life but would still use their profile for “work” just as Kate and William do. I really don’t understand why some people cannot understand the difference. William’s kids aren’t papped every day on their way to school or any time they leave the house after all.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’m a bit bored with “they wanted solitude” Facebook comments. They were very clear they wanted a private family life but would still use their profile for “work” just as Kate and William do. I really don’t understand why some people cannot understand the difference. William’s kids aren’t papped every day on their way to school or any time they leave the house after all.
I think your comparing apples and pears now!
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Allegedly the lovely Rachel, I mean Meghan, was according to The Times bullying and forcing out staff. Humiliating them, leaving them in tears and shaking with fear. I thought she was all about feelings and fairness?
I’ve no idea about the truth of any of this but it’s all in The Times tonight. Very concerning if true.

Edited at 12:38 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Allegedly the lovely Rachel, I mean Meghan, was according to The Times bullying and forcing out staff. Humiliating them, leaving them in tears and shaking with fear. I thought she was all about feelings and fairness?
I’ve no idea about the truth of any of this but it’s all in The Times tonight. Very concerning if true.
I agree very concerning a paper like the Times stoops to tittle tattle !
I don’t for one moment think Meghan slipped easily into royal ways (let’s face it Kate was in training for ten years first and she was a far more compliant character, with no ambition for a career whilst waiting for William to marry her ) and was probably regarded with horror by the Palace staff some of who really are the most dreadful snobs (my aunt used to make hats for some of the ladies in waiting so I saw it first hand ) . A foreigner to boot and one who wasn’t a mouse but an adult woman used to running her own affairs in the way most modern women are and expecting her opinion to be that of an equal. They were probably horrified , even Camilla “knew her place”. Lots of royal protocol is based on “how it’s always been done” rather than practicality or common sense .
It was probably inevitable that they as a couple wouldn’t stick around and with William having secured the succession they really are surplus to requirements if you consider Charles’ plans to streamline the monarchy when he ascends the throne. Their biggest crime seems to be doing it now rather than waiting til the Queen dies and what man in his thirties wants to wait indefinitely to start a new career .
It’s all a bit absurd that these two are constantly attacked for wanting to get on with life whilst Andrew’s bribe scandals and exploitation issues are conveniently ignored.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Harry has quite openly said he has suffered mental health problems because of his past experiences so why the heck will the press not just leave him alone. Not looked at the article but I guess it is all about Meghan but if they're having a 'go' at Meghan it will hurt him . Just wish they'd all give it a rest and leave them alone. I can't believe none of them have had any experience of it themselves or someone close to them who have suffered mentally, I just wish they'd show some compassion.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Harry has quite openly said he has suffered mental health problems because of his past experiences so why the heck will the press not just leave him alone. Not looked at the article but I guess it is all about Meghan but if they're having a 'go' at Meghan it will hurt him . Just wish they'd all give it a rest and leave them alone. I can't believe none of them have had any experience of it themselves or someone close to them who have suffered mentally, I just wish they'd show some compassion.
Compassion obviously doesn’t sell newspapers
Old 3 Mar 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

I don’t remember the details or names but didn’t she have a number of staff start and leave very quickly, I wonder if that’s anything to do with it?