Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Mar 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jontybfc
VIP Dibber

jontybfc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Aulani... Would you?

We had seven nights booked at AKL and seven nights at BWV for this October. The thought of walking round all day in a mask had us doubting the trip then finally with the new dining announcement we just don’t want to go.

It’s approaching our seven month window and we are seriously considering switching to two weeks in Aulani. I think if we don’t go now, we’ll never get there. If I don’t use the points this October then we won’t get the opportunity to get anywhere before I lose some.

Has anyone been? Would you consider changing with potential travel restrictions still in place?
jontybfc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I could easily spend two weeks on that Island relaxing, touring etc. So much to see and do.
We went in Sept and it was fabulous climate wise and a little less kid busy.
I guess it will all be down to travel restrictions but I as they are allowing US travellers now with testing it may be OK. My concern is if testing fails what happens to your trips, still got that on my brain for my Oct trip. Don’t really want to water masks either but as long as I don’t have to wear them at the pool I am Ok with it.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
slightly serious Dibber

I've been to Hawaii twice and stayed at Aulani once. I absolutely love it and can't wait to go back! They are quite strict on mask rules on Oahu. Although things are easing a little now you are still required to wear one at all times indoors, and outdoors if you cannot remain 6 feet from other people. This would include wandering around the resort and grounds, and on the beach. If cases there start to pick up again you may be required to wear at all times outside. My sister lives there and there was a point where she even had to wear one while hiking alone (and it was being strictly policed).

Assuming you're from the UK, another issue (if we are allowed back in to the US by then) would be the test. You must have a negative Covid test from an approved supplier done within 72 hours of your arrival. This may mean stopping in the US long enough to have a test done and receive the results as it needs to be uploaded before you fly there. Of course, if things improve they may relax that rule, or include UK providers, but it would still be tricky to fit it in the timescale due to the flight times.

I wouldn't want to put anyone off going to Aulani as it is a beautiful resort in my dream location, but if masks are an issue for you then you may want to wait a while.

Edited at 12:45 AM.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jontybfc
VIP Dibber

jontybfc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve just been reading up and as it stands UK residents have to quarantine for 10 days on arrival.

I can’t decide whether to change my reservations to Aulani and hope entry requirements change or keep the existing and hope Aulani is still available.

I haven’t booked flights yet so that’s a positive. I was holding out for direct flights from Manchester through Aer Lingus when they are released.
jontybfc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Been to Hawaii twice and Aulani both times on those visits. The risk as it stands today of going to Hawaii appears greater than mainland USA. So while it seems like restrictions in October will have gone, it’s not as straightforward (right now) as Florida would be - assuming we could even get there from the U.K.

So at this point Aulani would be a clear no from me, but as the situation changes I would reconsider.

ETA if masks on flights and in airports are still a thing ... that would be another concern for me. That would be what 24 hours? 3 hours in the U.K. airport, 10 hours in the air, 3 hours at the first US entrance point, 6 hours the flight to Honolulu, another 30 mins in the airport there, then taxi to Aulani - 24 hours more or less.

Edited at 11:53 PM.
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List