Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Mar 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, I think so.

I've never booked park reservations but, with fastpasses, you could book 14 days worth of fastpasses with tickets no matter how they are bought, even if you are only staying onsite for a couple of days.

I imagine it's the same with park reservations. As soon as your tickets appear in MDE then you can book the full amount of days (14 for a 14-day Ultimate ticket).
Thanks. I’m guessing it’s the same.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi I just bought ours from Virgin for 2022 about 5 days ago, paid in full and 2 days later they emailed me the code needed to link the tickets on MDE and make our park reservations for all 14 days. We're staying offsite fyi

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Bob Chepek has just given an interview saying the pandemic has allowed Disney to do all sorts they couldn’t have done without it.
Old 3 Mar 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Bob Chepek has just given an interview saying the pandemic has allowed Disney to do all sorts they couldn’t have done without it.
I'm guessing this article is related to that:

insidethemagic/2021/03/c...ey-parks-rwb1/

Bob seems to be talking more about introducing things like contactless entry into hotel rooms and mobile ordering at restaurants - that sort of thing. He also mentions "increase the penetration in our theme parks" (ooher, f'nar) which I assume means construction and refurbishment is easier whilst the parks are closed. So, yeah, there are certain things they've brought forward because of the pandemic.

As with many of these corporate statements, it's a bit tricky to determine exactly what he means and, obviously, his words are wrapped around a thinly-veiled promotion of the Disney parks and how wonderful they are. Certainly the pandemic has caused the introduction of the park reservation system to WDW. Is it used at any of the other parks?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Having had to cancel (health reasons) 2019, book for 2020 cancel, move to 2021, cancel and move to 2022. We always have a paper plan before we go on which park and on which day, but that always changes once we get there. Having to actually book a park for specific days so far in advance. The problem being cancel one day, and maybe not be able to get back into that park later as the slots could all be taken up. Tickets are so expensive now, you cannot afford to lose that sort of daily money. So I hope Disney do revert to just turning up with your tickets at the gate or making fast passes.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Elmhurst 5 View Post
Having had to cancel (health reasons) 2019, book for 2020 cancel, move to 2021, cancel and move to 2022. We always have a paper plan before we go on which park and on which day, but that always changes once we get there. Having to actually book a park for specific days so far in advance. The problem being cancel one day, and maybe not be able to get back into that park later as the slots could all be taken up. Tickets are so expensive now, you cannot afford to lose that sort of daily money. So I hope Disney do revert to just turning up with your tickets at the gate or making fast passes.
First, there's no real reason why the park reservation so far in advance - although it depends on your definition of "so far in advance" I suppose. You can book the reservations a couple of months beforehand, it doesn't have to be a year beforehand.

So, it's not really much different to booking fastpasses back when that was a thing. If you've booked fastpasses for 7DMT, Space Mountain, and BTMR two months beforehand then you'll have already decided you want to visit MK on that date. This swaps fastpass reservations for park reservations.

Admittedly, some people didn't like the idea of booking fastpasses weeks beforehand either. In that respect, those people won't like this either.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List