Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Feb 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Scouse Aventura is superb and would be excellent for a solo trip. We all loved it there, a trendy hotel. And cheaper than Sapphire by some margin usually.
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
To be honest I haven’t considered the food options much as City Walk is right there and I’d normally only get the odd drink or two at the resort.

I had read on trip advisor that they have a $200 per night incidentals hold when checking in 😮

I thought they may have it wrong and it’s a $200 per stay hold - like a security deposit for room charging. Can you confirm if it is per night? I’m looking at 10 nights so don’t fancy a $2000 hold - especially as I don’t plan to use room charging anyway.
I'm sure it was a $200 hold for the entire stay

We tended to hop over to CW for food as well, the sushi on the top floor by the cinema is one of my favourites. the trading company quick service in SF is great for a light bite. They do bagels and things like that if you don't fancy a heavy breakfast.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Scouse Aventura is superb and would be excellent for a solo trip. We all loved it there, a trendy hotel. And cheaper than Sapphire by some margin usually.
I had looked at Aventura - for the dates I’m considering, it’s actually coming up cheaper than CB and SF.

The rooms look really modern too! Am I right in thinking you can still use the pools at other hotels and the boat transfer from SF when staying at Aventura?

Edited at 12:56 PM.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lydscl View Post
I'm sure it was a $200 hold for the entire stay

We tended to hop over to CW for food as well, the sushi on the top floor by the cinema is one of my favourites. the trading company quick service in SF is great for a light bite. They do bagels and things like that if you don't fancy a heavy breakfast.
That’s more like it I really like the idea of just going to citywalk for a meal on pool rest days.

Just comparing prices with universal direct and travel republic. There’s a $200 off deal direct when booking hotel and tickets together which is appealing.

Anyone have any experience of switching from the Disney on site bubble to universal? Worried I’ll miss the magic of Disney though I do plan to visit of course
Old 23 Feb 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
I had looked at Aventura - for the dates I’m considering, it’s actually coming up cheaper than CB and SF.

The rooms look really modern too! Am I right in thinking you can still use the pools at other hotels and the boat transfer from SF when staying at Aventurao?
Yes it’s fantastic value for money. Volcano Bay is out of the back gate, Sapphire Falls is across the driveway for the boat or you can walk. The pool is also very nice with fire pits etc, food options great and it has probably the best bar in Orlando.

Highly recommended we were just talking the other day about our Universal stay and my teenagers said they possibly preferred it to Hard Rock. I didn’t, but it’s a fraction of the price.
Old 23 Feb 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yes it’s fantastic value for money. Volcano Bay is out of the back gate, Sapphire Falls is across the driveway for the boat or you can walk. The pool is also very nice with fire pits etc, food options great and it has probably the best bar in Orlando.

Highly recommended we were just talking the other day about our Universal stay and my teenagers said they possibly preferred it to Hard Rock. I didn’t, but it’s a fraction of the price.
I watched a TimTracker review and the fire pits around the pool looked lovely.

I’ve never stayed at hard rock so nothing to compare to.. I did love CB but only stayed two nights and I did feel CB had a bit more of a chaotic feel. Aventura and SF look a lot more chilled and relaxing?

For my dates inc direct flights for 10 nights

Aventura £1468
CB £1578
SF £1843

So not much in it at all but I guess between Aventura and SF it’s £375 or so?
Old 23 Feb 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

As much as I love love love SF for that price difference I'd be tempted by aventura to save the extra for spends or would look at upgrading myself on the flight to see if i could get a better class for roughly the same as staying at SF might come out as.

In terms of Disney bubble to Universal. It is totally different as universal resort is smaller but I feel like the quality of the universal hotels are just better for a better price. I'm not a disney purist, I've only stayed onsite twice and previously have either done universal onsites or villa stays so I may not be the best person to give advice on that side of things but for me, with how the world is right now, I don't think onsite bubble is worth it. You make your own magic and i found with the disney buses it could take as long as ubering from a hotel elsewhere.

I follow a bunch of uk vloggers on yourtube who tend to stay at universal but visit the disney parks regularly and they all seem to have a great time and we've cancelled our WDW onsite for nov/dec aside of 2 nights at the end as we got a 1 bedroom apartment type thing and have saved over 1200 pounds.

We also literally just booked SF for 7 nights in Feb. We were tempted by Aventura as it was cheaper but we've have 3 cancelled stays at SF (Sept 20, Feb 21 and Sept 21) so now are just stubborn and determined to get to stay there again
Old 23 Feb 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

As much as I love love love SF for that price difference I'd be tempted by aventura to save the extra for spends or would look at upgrading myself on the flight to see if i could get a better class for roughly the same as staying at SF might come out as.

In terms of Disney bubble to Universal. It is totally different as universal resort is smaller but I feel like the quality of the universal hotels are just better for a better price. I'm not a disney purist, I've only stayed onsite twice and previously have either done universal onsites or villa stays so I may not be the best person to give advice on that side of things but for me, with how the world is right now, I don't think onsite bubble is worth it. You make your own magic and i found with the disney buses it could take as long as ubering from a hotel elsewhere.

I follow a bunch of uk vloggers on yourtube who tend to stay at universal but visit the disney parks regularly and they all seem to have a great time and we've cancelled our WDW onsite for nov/dec aside of 2 nights at the end as we got a 1 bedroom apartment type thing and have saved over 1200 pounds.

We also literally just booked SF for 7 nights in Feb. We were tempted by Aventura as it was cheaper but we've have 3 cancelled stays at SF (Sept 20, Feb 21 and Sept 21) so now are just stubborn and determined to get to stay there again
Thanks for such a detailed reply! It definitely does help me decide

I think for almost £400 difference Aventura is looking more appealing as I can try to get a PE flight or keep the money for my universal tickets... that would mean flight, hotel and ticket for less than £2k which is a bargain when compared to the same dates at Disney CSR, flights and Disney ticket being over 1k more!

I think I’ve always stuck with Disney due to the good deals with DDP and gift cards but without those extras it’s hard to resist universal pricing
Old 23 Feb 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

You would have a very good chance of getting PE return for that difference! We have got SF and PE return on BA, plus private return transfers for 2734 which is for 2 people for 7 nights first week of feb next year. If it was just me that would be 1540 for Aventura or 1653 for SF (excluding transfer cost) so there is a premium to make that solo but still under 2k so including park tickets definitely looking good for 2k or less
Old 23 Feb 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

You would have a very good chance of getting PE return for that difference! We have got SF and PE return on BA, plus private return transfers for 2734 which is for 2 people for 7 nights first week of feb next year. If it was just me that would be 1540 for Aventura or 1653 for SF (excluding transfer cost) so there is a premium to make that solo but still under 2k so including park tickets definitely looking good for 2k or less
Thanks so much for this! I just thought I’d check out BA based on your post.

Quick search for my dates including 10 nights at Aventura, PE return flights and 2 park universal tickets (not fussed on volcano bay) and total price is £2008 - amazed!

I’m just wondering if I dare risk it for Nov/Dec this year or be cautious and wait for flight prices for May 2022