Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Feb 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Good news! Certainly gives piece of mind.
I will follow your lead and call, I would be happy to fulfil my reservation for July and August but if we are unable to travel it will be good to know that the points won’t be lost.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
Good news! Certainly gives piece of mind.
I will follow your lead and call, I would be happy to fulfil my reservation for July and August but if we are unable to travel it will be good to know that the points won’t be lost.
Indeed, I think if they can see you have bookings, or have had cancelled bookings where you haven’t been able to go they are now trying to help in some way.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Update on call today.
We had 67 2019 banked points in play for a May 20 booking. We have August use year.
I got through in 30 minutes ringing at around 4pm our time.
I said I understood there has been some accommodation made for international owners due to no fly restrictions in the the UK and the US re 2019 banked points.
Ebony said she would go and see what the updates were and would I mind holding, she did seem to be aware there had been some kind of change. I did wait on line for around 15 minutes and she came back and checked it was the 67 points and could see they were booked for May20, understanding we couldn’t travel then. She said they would be extended for use by May 31st 2022. I thanked her profusely and asked if they could be moved for our Oct trip and she said they needed to do the special paperwork and transfer with IT so she was sorry but we would need to ring back, but it could all be reallocated at that time.
She then checked my odd points left and did they need banking before March window and I said yes, and she did that there and then too.
Very happy, as we may now as it just increases our flexibility into next year whilst covering more of this years Oct trip.
Great news ! I have exactly the same circumstances
I have 40 stuck with an August use year. Im going to call tomorrow and ask
Thanks for posting the update
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Great news ! I have exactly the same circumstances
I have 40 stuck with an August use year. Im going to call tomorrow and ask
Thanks for posting the update
Will you update us when you’ve spoken to MS please?

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I spoke to MS via chat yesterday as I have 50 points left to use before June. They’ve put a formal request in for mine to be extended and I should hear back either way in 7-10 working days. They weren’t part of any booking so I’m not holding out much hope.
Old 27 Feb 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I had 9 x 2019 points due to expire on 31st May 2021. Did live chat and they put a request through and said the points would be extended until 31st May 2022 they also said that they would probably not show up as transferred until 1st week of June. Once they showed up I could allocate them to an existing reservation and free up 9 points that I could bank. I know it isn't a lot of points but happy not to loose them.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

I just did chat with them. They told me I had to call and they hadn’t heard of it being done over chat.

Consistent as usual 🤣
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

For a big company Disney is very keen at ‘not putting it in writing’!
Old 27 Feb 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
For a big company Disney is very keen at ‘not putting it in writing’!
It should just be an automatic thing now, if they are doing it for several members then just extend all uk/overseas owners.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I have a March use year, I have

40 points that are currently 2020/2021 that are banked
150 points due in March2021/22
and 150 points carried forward from 22/23

all being used for a booking in August.

We are seriously considering cancelling this to go August 2022 instead, I understand that the 22/23 points would go back to that year and that the 21/22 points could then be banked. Is this correct?
Are we now also saying that I could have the 40 2020 points extended to March 23 or am I a year out do you think?
Or am I really mixed up with dates :-)