Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Mar 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

This is great for all those who've managed to get it, but I for one am pretty gutted they've only just implemented this. We had to cancel our April trip, and had around 50 banked points that would expire before our rescheduled trip (October all being well). So we went ahead and rented them out, only getting $14 odd a point. Would have MUCH preferred to get them extended so we could use them ourselves. I guess I just wish they had done this sooner, or at least given an indication it might be an option
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We have a December use year and had given my Son a chunk of Points for his 3 week May 2021 trip. We also had a 4 week May trip booked.Obviously both cancelled.

Spoke to a great Guy just now and he has Banked all the 2019 Points that were being used for these trips and allocated them to be used by end of November 2022.

That was 718 Points I had at risk.

In addition I had nearly 200 other Points that were vulnerable so he has rolled them to be used by end of May 2022.

I am well pleased with what they have done, all credit to them
Great news, I was wondering how you were fairing with so many points. That is a long extension you managed to get though, is your use year later?
Also can you see them banked yet or did they say it would take a while?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
uk_mickey
Excited about Disney

I have June use year and they say they have extended my 2019 points to end May 2022 but they will not show in my account until 1st week in June. I hope that is what will happen as seeing them still in 2020 account is just a bit of a worry
uk_mickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by spoonarama View Post
This is great for all those who've managed to get it, but I for one am pretty gutted they've only just implemented this. We had to cancel our April trip, and had around 50 banked points that would expire before our rescheduled trip (October all being well). So we went ahead and rented them out, only getting $14 odd a point. Would have MUCH preferred to get them extended so we could use them ourselves. I guess I just wish they had done this sooner, or at least given an indication it might be an option
They’ve been doing it for a little while, I guess just not advertising it. When our September 2020 trip was cancelled, they extended our banked 2018 points to March 2021 for us... and have since extended them again until July 2021. If we can’t go in July... fingers crossed for another extension.

The reason they gave us for allowing us to do so was that 1) We’re new DVC members and hadn’t yet managed to take a trip (despite best efforts) and 2) they could see we were desperately trying to use the points, through cancelling and shifting bookings every time our flights were cancelled.

I honestly cannot fault the way Disney have treated us throughout; even though we’ve not yet been able to go, I don’t have a single regret about the investment. I guess it really always is worth talking to Member Services as I know when people have raised the topic of point extension on forums and FB groups they get met with a point blank, ‘bank into RCI or rent them, Disney won’t extend’.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

We are new members too! Still zero regrets buying and super hopeful for October. I suppose my real issue is I’m already regretting not buying more so those extra 50 would have been super helpful 😭

We definitely saw the point blank responses of Disney won’t help, so lesson learnt it’s always worth calling and asking!
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We have a December use year and had given my Son a chunk of Points for his 3 week May 2021 trip. We also had a 4 week May trip booked.Obviously both cancelled.

Spoke to a great Guy just now and he has Banked all the 2019 Points that were being used for these trips and allocated them to be used by end of November 2022.

In addition I had nearly 200 other Points that were vulnerable so he has rolled them to be used by end of May 2022.

Amazing!
I had heard they were doing this for up to a June UY but glad to hear December is in there now too.
I'll need to call them to bank some of my points from this April/May trips that aren't happening. I've rented some but it's a hassle I can do without.
Thanks for the update.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

This gave me some hope , we like you have a December use year and I really don’t know whether to cancel our July booking now or wait

We won’t be able to go again until July 2022, such a load of 2019 points we would loose

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
This gave me some hope , we like you have a December use year and I really don’t know whether to cancel our July booking now or wait

We won’t be able to go again until July 2022, such a load of 2019 points we would loose
My position too x

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post

Ali. Fingers crossed for you.

We still have 2 bookings for this year but I am seeing the Points available for 2022 onwards and I may have to rent some out unless we go for one heck of a lot longer than the normal 10 weeks.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by uk_mickey View Post
I have June use year and they say they have extended my 2019 points to end May 2022 but they will not show in my account until 1st week in June. I hope that is what will happen as seeing them still in 2020 account is just a bit of a worry
They confirmed the exact same to me yesterday - but I have an August use year. She said she had done the paperwork and the points will appear about a week after 1st Aug and then to call up and have them tweak my September booking using the old old points.

She knew exactly what I was asking. She confirmed I definitely came within the new rules for international guests

I only had 40, but its 40 more than I thought I had