Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Feb 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
saw dog
Helping Mickey

I spoke to Executive office 2 weeks ago as I had complained about lack of cancellation.

Line is they’re only cancelling 2 weeks in advance so they can keep up with refund demand!
saw dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by saw dog View Post
I spoke to Executive office 2 weeks ago as I had complained about lack of cancellation.

Line is they’re only cancelling 2 weeks in advance so they can keep up with refund demand!
Same as I was told
Old 27 Feb 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

My 18 March Virgin flight from MAN-MCO is still showing as ‘On Time’ in the app.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MattEzee
Gone all Goofy

We're booked to fly VA to MIA on the 3rd April but I don't think it'll be cancelled given they are still flying this week. So frustrating as we'll be stuck with an open ticket that's already more expensive than we wanted to pay and no assurance that the next ticket won't be inflated price too!
MattEzee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I thought that MIA was one of the US airports accepting international flights, but at the moment I don’t think MCO is on the list - that’s why I was surprised not to have the flight cancelled when holidays are off the menu at present.
Perhaps one of the Dibb airline gurus can offer an update?
Many thanks.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 04:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
I thought that MIA was one of the US airports accepting international flights, but at the moment I don’t think MCO is on the list - that’s why I was surprised not to have the flight cancelled when holidays are off the menu at present.
Perhaps one of the Dibb airline gurus can offer an update?
Many thanks.
Because they haven't got to easter dates yet . They are working about 2 weeks in advance so give it a 2eek or two and then it will be cancelled.

Miami flights are different as these may fly
Old 2 Mar 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Virgin Atlantic last Friday stated that they plan to maintain the following frequencies during March with no mention of April.

LHR-ATL-LHR
3 per week

LHR-BOS-LHR
2 per week

LHR-JFK-LHR
7 per week

LHR-LAX-LHR
5 per week

LHR-MIA-LHR
1 per week
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silver_age View Post
I bought our tickets for April in the sale last November. Thinking back it was too good to be true (UC return for less than £1000) and I should have realised I was just giving them an interest free loan and those flights would never go.

All it has served to do is gum up the works for any future booking because I want to get the money back for these before I start to look elsewhere for later in the year. I don’t think I’ll be darkening Virgin’s door again.
Hiya Silver - gumming up the works is a begger for you, I admit to forgetting most are unable to rebook until they get their funds back. Fingers crossed you can acquire a refund or rebook for later in the year

I booked via the 50% off reward seat miles for UC (£638pp T&Fs) hoping, and getting, cancellation and a credit to 31 Dec 2022. A call to VS advised our credit stands 'as is' but a Dibber advised VS may want an additional 50% or money alternative if we rebook outside the sale date, which, at the time, ends on 31st Oct, guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Old 2 Mar 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya Silver - gumming up the works is a begger for you, I admit to forgetting most are unable to rebook until they get their funds back. Fingers crossed you can acquire a refund or rebook for later in the year

I booked via the 50% off reward seat miles for UC (£638pp T&Fs) hoping, and getting, cancellation and a credit to 31 Dec 2022. A call to VS advised our credit stands 'as is' but a Dibber advised VS may want an additional 50% or money alternative if we rebook outside the sale date, which, at the time, ends on 31st Oct, guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Hi Chris, there’s always their offer of an open ticket or course, but the problem is the same flights in UC are more than twice the price later in the year and I could never justify that kind of money. I’ll just have to wait it out for the refund which I am sure will come eventually.

That will bring its own problems as it will lead to a massive credit balance on my card. I don’t suppose the card company will want to pay me so I’ll have to work down the balance with my everyday spending.
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by silver_age View Post
Hi Chris, there’s always their offer of an open ticket or course, but the problem is the same flights in UC are more than twice the price later in the year and I could never justify that kind of money. I’ll just have to wait it out for the refund which I am sure will come eventually.

That will bring its own problems as it will lead to a massive credit balance on my card. I don’t suppose the card company will want to pay me so I’ll have to work down the balance with my everyday spending.
Travelling off peak is one reason we're sitting it out, the other is knowing we can cancel for a refund of miles/fees bar £30pp admin fee. I'll chat with VS again to double check exactly what our credit involves for off-sale dates. If flights begin later in the year and sale dates still apply we can head off Oct end in keeping with sale dates.

Good luck Silver, best to you/yours, stay well