Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Mar 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
We're fitness people too but there is delicious food in the parks if you look for it. We have salmon, salads, roast chicken, sushi, berries etc so it's not all beige stuff. I am the cook, shopper all year so there's not a chance my husband is going to laze around a villa while I cook for a fortnight

I agree I often feel faint when I hear what people pay for European holiday packages through travel agents. We go to the USA twice a year, if my husband learns to cook and fulls his weight he would get to go more often
I’ll second this - we’re a fitness couple and we’ve been really surprised at how well we can eat at Disney if you just do a little bit of research beforehand. I don’t think I ate nuggets or hotdogs once on our last trip, another theme park holiday misconception I guess.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JaguarSkills
Proud to wear my Ears

Jumping on the thread as well, I am also into healthy eating/fitness. Might be good to start a separate thread on this to bounce ideas?

What does anyone think?
JaguarSkills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I very much doubt you would be taking £10k in cash , but if you were you would need to declare it on entry as the limit is $10K or equivalent

The limit of goods to bring back into the Uk is £390 each , which of course is your choice to take the risk ... loads of people would say they've never been stopped on return to the UK and take labels off etc but at the end of the day its personal risk

£10K is a massive amount to consider and would be about three holidays spending money for us including all food, fuel etc
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
With ten grand you could afford to take a butler for the four weeks. I know of one you could hire... cost = £500 per week so still leave you eight grand for our, oops I mean your food. I would, oops again, I mean the butler would do one load of washing per week and make the beds but that is all. Great value for your family and a great free holiday for me... or the butler
Old 1 Mar 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

Thanks for all the entertaining replies!

All theme parks, universal, discovery cove, Kennedy space centre etc etc will all be paid for before we go, and apparently there’s one where there’s some mouse and a castle or something too, that will be a paid for too.

The spending money will be for every meal, souvenirs and fuel etc. Accommodation will be paid for separately.

I hate watching the money on holiday and especially on this one I want to be able to be relaxed, I picked £10k as an arbitrary figure and if I spend less than that then brilliant.

I work hard and football and holidays are my 2 luxuries, money is no object for either. I don’t drink/smoke so justify it to myself that way!

I’m no healthy eater although I have lost a lot of weight and aim to weigh half of my spring 2020 weight by next year, and that’s looking realistic. I’ll probably put loads on in Florida but I’ll deal with that after!

I’d like to be able to get as many soft drinks, ice creams, waffles, cakes etc etc etc as I want without worrying about the £££, or the $$$$$

(When I say I I do also mean the wife and kids! )

We travel a lot but rarely visit the same place twice, I can’t see us doing Florida again anytime soon so I want to do it properly. If we spend £2k or £20k I don’t care so long as we’ve enjoyed it, tried what we want to try and seen what we want to see. We don’t splurge on much but holidays are fine by me
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mikeandrach View Post
We travel a lot but rarely visit the same place twice, I can’t see us doing Florida again anytime soon
That's what we all said once...
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mikeandrach View Post
Thanks for all the entertaining replies!

All theme parks, universal, discovery cove, Kennedy space centre etc etc will all be paid for before we go, and apparently there’s one where there’s some mouse and a castle or something too, that will be a paid for too.

The spending money will be for every meal, souvenirs and fuel etc. Accommodation will be paid for separately.

I hate watching the money on holiday and especially on this one I want to be able to be relaxed, I picked £10k as an arbitrary figure and if I spend less than that then brilliant.

I work hard and football and holidays are my 2 luxuries, money is no object for either. I don’t drink/smoke so justify it to myself that way!

I’m no healthy eater although I have lost a lot of weight and aim to weigh half of my spring 2020 weight by next year, and that’s looking realistic. I’ll probably put loads on in Florida but I’ll deal with that after!

I’d like to be able to get as many soft drinks, ice creams, waffles, cakes etc etc etc as I want without worrying about the £££, or the $$$$$

(When I say I I do also mean the wife and kids! )

We travel a lot but rarely visit the same place twice, I can’t see us doing Florida again anytime soon so I want to do it properly. If we spend £2k or £20k I don’t care so long as we’ve enjoyed it, tried what we want to try and seen what we want to see. We don’t splurge on much but holidays are fine by me
So is that a yes or no to the butler job then? Jeez I can’t hang around forever you know
Old 2 Mar 21, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

The great thing about Florida is it doesn’t matter what the spending budget is, We’ve been twice in 1 year and spent 4K between them and another trip spent 5k alone. It makes no difference really apart from we shop more! There are lots of amazing cheap places to eat or you can splash out and eat in the Disney restaurants, we’ve done both and apart from a few Disney restaurants, we always prefer eating outside of Disney/universal. If you love shopping then 10k is a huge budget to enjoy but equally so is 2k with minimum shopping
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
So is that a yes or no to the butler job then? Jeez I can’t hang around forever you know
Tempting but I’m gonna hold out for a leggy waitress instead (just don’t tell the wife)
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Babbymint you are so right... I found myself looking at other holidays and always end up thinking "but I can go back to Orlando for that price"...!
khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List