Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Mar 21, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
You can definitely smoke at Disney back in 2018. Not sure about ages limits though
Yes but this is 2021 and you can’t now.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Could he cope with patches for the holiday, or is it an oral / sensory thing?
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

Is it legal for him to smoke in the UK?
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I think you can smoke from 16 in UK still, but im afraid he will need to obey the law of the country he is in or face consequences. Maybe have to discuss with him if he wants to smoke or have a holiday.
Old 1 Mar 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Thanks

No - it's now 18 in the UK (I think)

Unfortunately it's not entirely uncommon amongst teenagers (I smoked from 15, but stopped as soon as the first kiddo appeared!)

He's (and we are) struggling with some issues at the moment and he will need to smoke - I don't think it's likely that sitting down on a bench on the pathways outside the boundaries of the hotel and screened from traffic with planting is going to be an issue.

Just need him to be sensible and understand what could happen.

Maybe he'll give up before then!

Edited at 04:55 PM.
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Sorry doesn’t matter even if it’s in a private home /villa they can’t smoke if under Florida age for smoking it’s still an offence treated the same way/as supplying any illegal substances to an under age minor you will be the liable party as you rented the villa we don’t allow any under age activities on our T&Cs in accordance with Florida Law
please check with the villa owner on this
Vaping I’m not sure about off to check that one out
I didn’t even think about this! Guess she’ll be going without her fix for the holidays. She’s the only one in our party who smokes anyway. Luckily she doesn’t drink alcohol at all so that won’t be a problem x
Old 1 Mar 21, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
Thanks

Unfortunately it's not entirely uncommon amongst teenagers (I smoked from 15, but stopped as soon as the first kiddo appeared!)

He's (and we are) struggling with some issues at the moment and he will need to smoke - I don't think it's likely that sitting down on a bench on the pathways outside the boundaries of the hotel and screened from traffic with planting is going to be an issue.

It's going to be a massive issue if the hotel security call the police for underage smoking.

Firstly he will be in trouble for breaking the law, and then you will too because you have booked the room, so he is under your control and you should have stopped him smoking.

The fact he smokes because of "some issues" is irrelevant, if that made it ok people would be saying that about Cocaine and Heroin too.

If he can't behave as per the rules of the country he is visiting, then he shouldn't visit. I know many will be upset with my hard-line views on this, but why should one bad egg that can't stick to the rules ruin it for law abiding visitors.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
If I were you and you had not booked anything so far I would give it a miss this time and go somewhere that it may not be such a huge issue.

No one wants a ruined holiday so if it is a definite he can’t stop then save yourself and your son the grief.

I hope you get and enjoy whatever holiday you chose 😀

Edited at 12:17 AM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 21, 04:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
Thanks

Hi asmidir, will he cope without smoking from you arriving into the UK airport and departing, say, MCO, circa 13 hours in non smoking environments? Would it be worth asking him to begin trying patches/nicotine gum now to see if they help perhaps? Good luck getting him to reduce/off the tabs

Giving up smoking is hard, but nigh on impossible for some... price alone stunned me... in our village shop, at the Post Office counter, I saw prices for a packet of tabs and almost swallowed my tongue, cheapest was £9.50 which made me wonder how people can afford to smoke.
Old 2 Mar 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi asmidir, will he cope without smoking from you arriving into the UK airport and departing, say, MCO, circa 13 hours in non smoking environments? Would it be worth asking him to begin trying patches/nicotine gum now to see if they help perhaps? Good luck getting him to reduce/off the tabs

Giving up smoking is hard, but nigh on impossible for some... price alone stunned me... in our village shop, at the Post Office counter, I saw prices for a packet of tabs and almost swallowed my tongue, cheapest was £9.50 which made me wonder how people can afford to smoke.
Been a long time since I bought a pack of ciggies, cheapest I can find is £9.25 looking on Tesco website.

That equals £64.75 per week for 20 a day or £280 per month or £3367 a year.

Now that is expensive, wow 😳