Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Oct 16, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi The2Minnies, I'm doing a similar route next year from MAN but we have a 5 1/2 hour layover. If you remember, could see how long it takes you from getting off the plane to dropping your bags off at the transfer area? I'm assuming you have to collect bags, clear imigration, then drop them off again.

I'm hoping that if I this can be done in around an hour, it'll give use a couple of hours to go explore Philadelphia.

thanks, have a great trip
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dadio
Excited about Disney

Mobile

In Philly at moment got through immigration bag drop and security all within 30 mins of landing on to Jacksonville now
dadio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 16, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dadio View Post
In Philly at moment got through immigration bag drop and security all within 30 mins of landing on to Jacksonville now
That's an excellent time Thanks

I've got outline plans to head into Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell and grab a bite to eat in Reading Terminal Market.

I have a 5 hour 19 min layover. So if I can get to taxi or train within 1 hour of landing, it'll give us 2-3 hours to explore.

I'm thinking I need to be back at airport with 1hr 19mins to spare to enable us to get back through customs to our departure gate.
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dadio
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Take into consideration it was a Tues our was only flight landed but we was one of last of the plane .we landed at A terminal and departed c terminal short walk plenty shops bars we had a 2 hr layover which was plenty .had time for a Wendy's
dadio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by W1zz View Post
Hi The2Minnies, I'm doing a similar route next year from MAN but we have a 5 1/2 hour layover. If you remember, could see how long it takes you from getting off the plane to dropping your bags off at the transfer area? I'm assuming you have to collect bags, clear imigration, then drop them off again.

I'm hoping that if I this can be done in around an hour, it'll give use a couple of hours to go explore Philadelphia.

I certainly will if I remember . Only a couple of days to go but before then we have to move our daughter and son in law from Lincolnshire into Yorkshire over the net 2 days! We've been delaying this holiday for ages and the house move has still landed at the wrong time. My DH will be spending the night before we go away putting up curtain poles etc and I will be unpacking boxes lol. On the good sidewalk will be less than an hour from the airport
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 16, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dadio View Post
Take into consideration it was a Tues our was only flight landed but we was one of last of the plane .we landed at A terminal and departed c terminal short walk plenty shops bars we had a 2 hr layover which was plenty .had time for a Wendy's
That sounds brilliant. Not too worried if the food on the flight isn't good then. We will just eat at the airport in Phil.
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Ok so I actually remembered to time it

It took us 45 minutes from getting off the flight at Phl to sitting down at the gate for the next leg of the trip. So you should manage to the bag drop easily in an hour. Our suitcases were all off the conveyor belt in a pile by the time we got there, so super efficient
Old 26 Oct 16, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
Ok so I actually remembered to time it

It took us 45 minutes from getting off the flight at Phl to sitting down at the gate for the next leg of the trip. So you should manage to the bag drop easily in an hour. Our suitcases were all off the conveyor belt in a pile by the time we got there, so super efficient
That's brilliant news, and thankyou so much for making time to remember. If we manage to get turned around as quickly then Philadelphia city centre, here we come

Hope you had a fantastic holiday and looking at your countdown, your already planning a return
Old 26 Oct 16, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

That's brilliant news, and thankyou so much for making time to remember. If we manage to get turned around as quickly then Philadelphia city centre, here we come

Hope you had a fantastic holiday and looking at your countdown, your already planning a return
Haha, yes it was great thanks. The countdown is the actual planned one, this last one was a last minute bargain we couldn't resist (third time this year)
Old 29 Oct 16, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are going via PHL next Thursday, I was concerned as we only have 1 hour 40 minutes to transfer. Really pleased to hear you can clear customs etc in a reasonable time. With a bit of luck we might even have time to eat. I am sure philly cheese - steak sandwiches will be the all around order for us. Enjoy your holiday and thanks for the info.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread