Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Oct 16, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Linda. That poor man is still trying to explain to his Wife how he got athletes foot in his nether regions!
How would you explain a verruca
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by FairyNuff View Post
How would you explain a verruca
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Linda. That poor man is still trying to explain to his Wife how he got athletes foot in his nether regions!
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Sorry, I've rather brought down OP's thread with my story. Glad you're okay OP and your panic attack hasn't repeated itself.
Old 25 Oct 16, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
Sorry, I've rather brought down OP's thread with my story. Glad you're okay OP and your panic attack hasn't repeated itself.
No complaints from Berkshire on this one !
Old 25 Oct 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
washy777
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by poohsfriend View Post
I just don't understand why they have the surface they have with such strong waves. The first time we went we were all barefoot as we didn't realise and all had cut feet. This time I saw a young girl who had an abrasion over the whole of her back - it must have been so sore for the rest of the holiday. I put my knee down to balance me and instantly regretted it. Why do they need such a sharp surface - I am amazed they haven't been sued considering the litigious nature of some Americans
I observed a Dad carrying his daughter out of the wave pool last week , really bad abrasions down through her spine it look awful and bless her saying it really hurts Daddy ! Not surprised it looked horrific
washy777 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Keirasean
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
On a lighter note..my sister was there years ago and a wave lifted her up and she lost her footing, flailed around and somehow (goodness knows how), her foot ended up down the front of a man's trunks! The more she struggled to free it the 'worse' the situation got. When she told us about it she said "my foot was right on his bits and I could FEEL them! Ew!" We tease her about it now but it does show the strength of those waves. Care is definitely needed.
Going back to waterpark on Thursday. Am intending to hit wave pool again but in shallower areas... but thanks for the tip will be wary of potential for sea snakes
Keirasean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 16, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

OP. I think the lesson here is not to support or carry a weaker swimmer at all in deeper areas of the wave pool. Those waves are strong and catch the strongest swimmers off guard.

Originally Posted by washy777 View Post
I observed a Dad carrying his daughter out of the wave pool last week , really bad abrasions down through her spine it look awful and bless her saying it really hurts Daddy ! Not surprised it looked horrific
I saw a guy with his wife/girlfriend heading to a first aid station about 2 weeks ago at BB. His back had an abrasion about 12 inches long. It looked nasty.
Old 26 Oct 16, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

As a slight aside but to give an idea of the power of water when our house was flooded in 2007 only 2 items of furniture were left unmoved by the water- a very heavy oak chest and an ironing board.

CW was not impressed by my suggestion that as the ironing board hadn't moved it was still useful
Old 26 Oct 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

This Year my son despite numerous warnings was knocked off his feet and dragged along the bottom, he looked like he had been attacked by a bear his back had long claw type marks, skin off his side and hands and knee.
Bless him though never moaned or cried made the adults in the first aid quite embarrassed as they had tiny grazes.
I have to say though when the pool is full of people and they are surfing from the wave I think it's really dangerous as I have seen people smashing into other swimmers.
I am amazed they don't have more serious problems.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread