Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Dec 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Going to plan here, just woke up from my first snooze to put the roast potatoes and parsnips on.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Going to plan here, just woke up from my first snooze to put the roast potatoes and parsnips on.
Just woke from my first snooze after eating my Xmas lunch.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Have told the family the kitchen is closed for an hour.
Apart from the turkey crown still frozen this morning, nothing 20 minutes defrosting in the microwave didn't sort out and me burning the backside out of the sprouts, the day has gone well.
Scheduled the family bust up for 6.30, Christmas wouldn't be the same without it
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Have told the family the kitchen is closed for an hour.
Apart from the turkey crown still frozen this morning, nothing 20 minutes defrosting in the microwave didn't sort out and me burning the backside out of the sprouts, the day has gone well.
Scheduled the family bust up for 6.30, Christmas wouldn't be the same without it
Waiting for my two kids to visit (24 and 19) then the 6.30 family bust up can commence. Can't start without them , my daughter would really kick off as she arrived. 😂😂😂
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Woke up to positive test notification for my dd13. So that’s us all in the house til 4jan which is my first day back at work as key bloody worker.
In better news, she’s feeling ok, and I have new pillows and books for Xmas
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this

Our worst ever Christmas Day was 5 years ago. 9 year old daughter had emergency surgery on her appendix. Bad enough but hubbys abdomen was held together with staples after major emergency surgery 10 days before.
I’m not saying it’s the worst Christmas ever for anyone but for us it was the worst.
Oh and I had only been in my new job a month before having a week off with hubbys operation and then called away Christmas Day shift for daughter and had a week off caring for her, and daddy! Convinced that was my job gone down the toilet! Thankfully not!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Sorry to hear this

Our worst ever Christmas Day was 5 years ago. 9 year old daughter had emergency surgery on her appendix. Bad enough but hubbys abdomen was held together with staples after major emergency surgery 10 days before.
I’m not saying it’s the worst Christmas ever for anyone but for us it was the worst.
Oh and I had only been in my new job a month before having a week off with hubbys operation and then called away Christmas Day shift for daughter and had a week off caring for her, and daddy! Convinced that was my job gone down the toilet! Thankfully not!
Puts it in context!
We are blessed in that we are all well and safe. Count our blessings every day.
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by deeley View Post
Puts it in context!
We are blessed in that we are all well and safe. Count our blessings every day.
Well everything is subjective I suppose, others go through a lot worse! But for us it was the worst. It’s been magical every Christmas since, maybe because we appreciate it more! X
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

I hope that the two families with flat tires at the side of the road that I passed today did not let it ruin there day.
Old 25 Dec 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A fridge malfunction caused the potatoes, carrots and parsnips to freeze and so we had to dump them as they had turned to mush. We coped. Could have been worse
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List