Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Dec 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I had one in our old house when we didn’t have space for a dryer. It was awful and a complete waste of money. It took forever to dry things then came out completely crumpled so bad you couldn’t get the creases out. I have all our laundry stuff set up in the garage (door from house into garage so easy to do). It’s great as I can unload the dryer then iron what needs doing immediately as I have the ironing board set up in there. It means I never have a pile of ironing to do too.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Moocat21
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Not too good then.
We are a family of 5. So five towels every day, pj’s, clothes and underwear. Then 5 sets of bedding each week.
So the washer gets an hammering. Usually 2 loads a day.
So a separate drier is the way to go?
i live on my own and have had 3 different washer dryers - hoover, candy and a beko. The beko burnt out on the drier part and i could only use the washer function.
all of them cost over £400
they are not very good - all of them would take over 2 hours to dry 2 towels so it would never take the amount you need it to get through!
if you can get a washer and a separate dryer, either stack them or put the dryer somewhere, then you will be able to wash and dry at the same time
2023 4th time not looking likely either
Moocat21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve had one for the last ten years. I say one, it’s the white goods that gives us the most grief so we’re actually on our third.

The washer element works as expected and has done so on all of them regardless of brand. The drier isn’t as good as a stand alone drier. I never set it to wash then dry as it absolutely does not dry. I have to wash then when that’s done manually set the drier off. I need a drier and we have no more space so it’s the best of a bad situation but if I could have separates then I would.
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Space is debatable to be fair. Our utility is tiny, poor planning on our part. There is space in there but that space currently holds stacked kitchen rolls, dog food and a bin.
Dog food & kitchen rolls can be put on a shelf but the bin would have to stand in a corner, in a small space so not ideal.
My husband wants a separate dryer. We have been putting off getting one for years, its fine in summer when you can peg out but its a pain in winter when all the wet items are over radiators upstairs.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Space is debatable to be fair. Our utility is tiny, poor planning on our part. There is space in there but that space currently holds stacked kitchen rolls, dog food and a bin.
Dog food & kitchen rolls can be put on a shelf but the bin would have to stand in a corner, in a small space so not ideal.
My husband wants a separate dryer. We have been putting off getting one for years, its fine in summer when you can peg out but its a pain in winter when all the wet items are over radiators upstairs.
I would make the space - we too are a family of five and I wonder how I managed without my dryer before. We only have a small utility room but we sorted it so we could fit a separate dryer in. My mum has always had a washer dryer (various makes )and they have broken down on so many occasions . My mum takes out the breakdown insurance which is a godsend the amount of times they have used it.
Old 30 Dec 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like you’ve got a utility room with space for a stand alone drier. Honestly, a bin been in the way a little bit outweighs the benefits of a drier. If you had a combo then you’d only get half the washing done in the same amount of time.
Old 30 Dec 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

We had a washer/dryer years ago, and it took forever. Once it packed up, I just went with a washer, dried clothing on a clothes horse... HOWEVER after getting fed up of seeing the clothes horse, I now have a Candy drier in the garage, and it’s great 😀. Whilst one load is drying in the garage, the next load is in the washer. Saves loads of time for me
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

My brother has one in his new build and says the drying capabilities are poor. Do you have space above your washing machine? If so, could you stack a washing machine and dryer.
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We had one once , biggest waste of money ever , washer was fine the dryer was rubbish .

We’re a family of five and after years of not having a dryer I bought one in the summer , having separate washer / dryer is so much better .

It so much nicer in winter not having wet washing everywhere , with 5 of us it was getting ridiculous.

Edited at 07:45 PM.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We had one once , biggest waste of money ever , washer was fine the dryer was rubbish .

We’re a family of five and after years of not having a dryer I bought one in the summer , having separate washer / dryer is so much better .

It so much nicer in winter not having wet washing everywhere , with 5 of us it was getting ridiculous.
I agree, ours is getting ridiculous too. We are definitely getting separate ones. My husband is on currys web site now 👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List