Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Jan 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Universal pick up

Has anyone picked up car rental from Universal hotels?

What is the process? Do you get a good selection?

Also dropped back off at airport?

I guess this is common practice?

Starting to plan 2022 (providing we are back to a level of normality) and weighing up whether to get hire car from MCO or private transfer direct to Universal. Then pick the car up at Universal after 5 nights before heading down to WDW.

Pros are that I could have a couple of drinks on the plane, also save usd 30 per night (maybe more if valet) for parking. I am sure private transfer would be much cheaper than the saving.

Anyone done this and any other benefits? Or is it easier to just get it at the airport and make our own way to Universal?

Edited at 08:31 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Its only Avis who are on site at Universal and they tend to be a bit more expensive than some of the other rental companies on idrive. Theres a Budget office across from HRH which will be cheaper... Unfortunately Alamo closed their office at the Four Points by Sheraton so their nearest office is down by the Rosen Center.

The Avis rental desks tend to be in the reception area. Sign the rental agreement, assigned your keys and vehicle will be in the Avis part of the car park.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Its only Avis who are on site at Universal and they tend to be a bit more expensive than some of the other rental companies on idrive. Theres a Budget office across from HRH which will be cheaper... Unfortunately Alamo closed their office at the Four Points by Sheraton so their nearest office is down by the Rosen Center.

The Avis rental desks tend to be in the reception area. Sign the rental agreement, assigned your keys and vehicle will be in the Avis part of the car park.
Thank you.

Are Avis ok? Do they have a good selection?

Would be looking at Full size SUV - Suburban or similar...

Is it in the reception of the hotel? Ie HRH?
Old 6 Jan 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

No issues with Avis. They're a popular rental company. They'll assign you a vehicle from your booked category instead of letting you pick your own but thats the case with all the rental companies away from the airport. The hotel locations tend to have the vehicles delivered overnight / early morning for rentals that are due to take place that day.

I haven't vistied the Avis offices at Universal Hotels but they'll be in the lobby area close to reception.

DFCH-Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
No issues with Avis. They're a popular rental company. They'll assign you a vehicle from your booked category instead of letting you pick your own but thats the case with all the rental companies away from the airport. The hotel locations tend to have the vehicles delivered overnight / early morning for rentals that are due to take place that day.

I haven't vistied the Avis offices at Universal Hotels but they'll be in the lobby area close to reception.
Fantastic... thank you again.

I can’t work out if any downsides to doing this?

Note that drinking isn’t a big thing on the plane for me, but considering pushing out for Upper Class... so thought can have a couple worry free.

Seems maybe a quicker / easier process than getting to the car rental at the airport and just to the level for private transfers?

Edited at 09:46 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Other than slight increase in cost with Avis from Universal, I'm not sure there are any downsides.

Old 6 Jan 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Would you consider a private transfer , then when you need the car just one of you Uber to mco to pick your car from there ? That way you can use Andy to book and you get choose what you want and simply return to pick up back at hotel before moving on ?
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

I’m sure Andy can book for universal
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Would you consider a private transfer , then when you need the car just one of you Uber to mco to pick your car from there ? That way you can use Andy to book and you get choose what you want and simply return to pick up back at hotel before moving on ?
I offer vehicle rental with Avis from downtown areas such as Universal, although prices won't be available this early.

Old 6 Jan 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
I offer vehicle rental with Avis from downtown areas such as Universal, although prices won't be available this early.
Hasn’t even realised, sorry.

Certainly know where to go when we start pricing up.

Would be end May 22. When will prices become available?

Thanks again for your help...

Edited at 10:58 PM.