Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jan 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Just had a look again, the breakdown shows the hotel for the dates of flight arrival and departure and not hotel arrival and departure time.

That’s very misleading if that’s not what they actually provide.

Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
That’s what I feared. How would I add the extra night with BA? Or would I have to pay at the hotel?
Usually the packages include the first night on the 2345 flight.
Are you wanting to secure an extra night for the return ?
In the past I’ve just organised it with the hotel when I’m there but appreciate travelling with family you might want to secure knowledge that you’ve got your room later on departure night.
If so it might be best to call.

The exact hotel booking dates are detailed between the flight times on a BA holidays proposal. They can differ to the flight times.
Eg if you land on the 0745 flight they automatically book a check in for the day you land but you may have to wait until 1500 that day to check in to your room.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Ok, I realised how I kept my room without extending it now. Our flight time in was 22.50 and on arrival we had our room as still that day. Our departure day was 1st November at 1.50 am but we left the hotel between 11pm 31st October or early 1st nov, so of course we would have kept our room without extending it, if that makes sense. As check out would have covered up to 11am 1st November. Sorry for any confusion
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

It looks fine going out but can’t see your flight times coming back
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Ok, I realised how I kept my room without extending it now. Our flight time in was 22.50 and on arrival we had our room as still that day. Our departure day was 1st November at 1.50 am but we left the hotel between 11pm 31st October or early 1st nov, so of course we would have kept our room without extending it, if that makes sense. As check out would have covered up to 11am 1st November. Sorry for any confusion
This is exactly what I assumed would happen.

If this is the case it’s fine as we’d have the room immediately on arrival and keep it right up to departure.

The screen shot I posted shows the hotel dates so I think that is what would be covered. I will phone BA to check before booking anything though.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by The Muppets View Post
It looks fine going out but can’t see your flight times coming back
Thanks.

Flight back is 1:35am 6th June.
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

If your flight time is 1.00am on 6th June, like mine was 1.50am 1st Nov, you'll be fine as check out hypothetically speaking check out would be 11am 6th June so you would be covered as I was so need to extend as you would have left before check out.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Aliloo
Getting Excited

From experience, the cheaper flights are because you get one less night in the hotel so once you factor in the extra night on arrival it’s roughly the same. Birmingham have a flight with lands at 7:30 in the morning which has always worked well.
Aliloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Aliloo View Post
From experience, the cheaper flights are because you get one less night in the hotel so once you factor in the extra night on arrival it’s roughly the same. Birmingham have a flight with lands at 7:30 in the morning which has always worked well.
The early flight is £2500 more 😱
Old 8 Jan 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Looking at what you've posted BA have given you a room from the day/time you arrive, till the day you leave so I wouldn't worry personally.