Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Jan 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear this, you loved her and gave her a wonderful life... that’s a precious gift to give an abandoned animal xx
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
4fromsuffolk
Very Serious Dibber

4fromsuffolk's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So sorry to read this update. Sending you lots of love xx
4fromsuffolk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

So, so sorry to read your update. We had to have one of our dogs pts about a month ago and so our hearts go out to you for the grief you’re enduring.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

So sorry to read this. She was so lucky to have known such love and you were so lucky to have her love in return.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Thank you again everyone. We have just returned from the Cremation, it has been one very sad and terribly upsetting day.

Two beautiful things did happen though, when we arrived at the Crematorium, a robin flew right in front of the car and jumped around a little. There is a poem about if you see a Robin, a loved one is there and I also bought my husband as one of his presents a picture with diamantes that lights up with a Robin that says... "Robins appear when Loved ones are near"... to me that was a sign.

Also when we got home there were so many lovely gifts on our doorstep, but the most beautiful was a little posy one of my neighbours did, it was a few sprigs of Rosemary for Remembrance and a few sprigs of Myrtle with a beautiful tag, when I saw it I was in floods of tears.

We have ordered 2 necklaces with Myrtles paw print and name on and 3 paw print pictures on, one for us and one for our two friends who are besotted with her and are both in a dreadful state like us.

On Sunday we are all meeting up and spreading her ashes where Molly's were.

Whose going to barge in now whilst I use the loo, whose going to walk all over me in bed to get in the covers now, who is going to growl at me, who is going to hump her Olaf toy...…… We will miss that little girl so and so will all our friends, she was really a one off, like Mr. Douglas.

At least she is home forever. xxxxxxxx

P.s. To all of you going through this situation or have lost pets recently, I send my love to you. Thinking of you and send heartfelt love and best wishes.
Dogs, they are truly wonderful aren't they. xxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

“The Power of the Dog”

THERE is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.

Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie—
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.

When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet’s unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find—it’s your own affair—
But … you’ve given your heart to a dog to tear.

When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!).
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone—wherever it goes—for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart to a dog to tear.

We’ve sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we’ve kept ’em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long—
So why in—Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I am so so sorry for the sad loss of your precious girl xxxx She sounded so special and so loved. They have such a special place in one’s heart. Big hugs.
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

The last post.

Right this will be my last post on the loss of my girl... I have just had this email from her previous owners...
I will post, but if anything it does, I would like it and Mert would like it...… never give up on some who are a bit different and some who are just a little nightmare at times, with love and caring and gentleness like humans, they can become something wonderful and give you a love like no other...… never give up, they are heartbeats just like us. So for my Myrtle...

The email...

"Hi Tracy,

I am so sorry to hear this. You must all be so devastated. Yes this is very sad news but If it’s any consolation to you, we were advised to have her put to sleep by 2 vets, a behaviourist and a dog rescue who said she was not rehoming material and was dangerous. We tried to rehome her ourselves to people without children and we had so many people come who wanted her just for breeding and lied about having small children etc but we really did not want to have her euthanised when she was so young and had such a good side to her. We knew in the wrong hands she could be a very dangerous dog, and the people who were coming forward were very wrong hands.
It was only finding the bullies in need charity that we then found her more than a second chance - which was you!
You were our last straw, you saved her from the jaws of death quite literally and you gave her a life full of love and understanding. We were in no position to offer such a safe and secure environment for her, so if you had not opened your home to her she would never have known such peace.
I have let my family know and they all said the same - whilst it’s very sad news, it’s also a blessing that she found you two and lived her second life to the fullest.

I will hunt out the photos as we have lots.

I wish you all the best and I hope you can find some solace in knowing that you and only you gave her that chance, and a life full of happiness."
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

So sorry to read this. RIP little one 🐾 and run free 🕊🌈
I lost my best friend in June last year. It’s absolutely heartbreaking isn’t it and even now I have days where I still really struggle living life without him. I hope your heartbreak eases with time x
Old 8 Jan 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

So sorry for your loss 😢 Run free over rainbow bridge Myrtle x
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List